Upgrade now or wait for new OS/Flagships?

jgusa14

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I've been sitting on my AT&T upgrade for almost a year now (currently iPhone 4, and sick of it). I haven't brought myself to upgrade to either the 8X or 920, and at this point I'm wondering if it's even worth it with a possible new OS (WP Blue?) coming late this year. Just curious if I should wait it out and deal with the iPhone for another 6-8 months until another round of WP flagship phones hit AT&T, or just upgrade now?

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
honestly i would wait for the new flagship phones for Blue. I've got a L920 and LOVE IT...but i didn't renew my contract, i purchased the phone so i could save my HW upgrade for the Blue coming out later this year/early next year.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I've been sitting on my AT&T upgrade for almost a year now (currently iPhone 4, and sick of it). I haven't brought myself to upgrade to either the 8X or 920, and at this point I'm wondering if it's even worth it with a possible new OS (WP Blue?) coming late this year. Just curious if I should wait it out and deal with the iPhone for another 6-8 months until another round of WP flagship phones hit AT&T, or just upgrade now?

My opinion to this is simple. If you're interested in Windows Phone and really want one just get one. All updates will be coming to your phone regardless. Apparently even the next installation of Windows Phone, which at this point is called Windows Phone 9. Just comes down to what you want. What more do you want? Will you be happy with what is available or do you want something different? Lumia 925? The so called EOS? Next flagship later this year? What makes you want a phone?

ballanda

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
If you've been sitting on an upgrade for a year, then no offense but you are a complete fool. You're still paying the subsidy for a phone that you technically paid off a year ago, in the form of about $45 extra per month on your phone bill. You should have switched to a MVNO (e.g. Straight Talk) and bought an unlocked phone by now. Or, just stay with AT&T... I am sure they love customers like you.

WAKE THE HELL UP AND DO THE MATH, PEOPLE!
:confused:

If you buy your own phone and take it to Straight Talk, you save over $1000 during the course of 2 years. That pays for your factory unlocked phone, and then some! Plus, you get no contract and unlimited everything. I hate to sound like a TV spot, but you're being raped by the big carriers.

Last edited:

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
If you've been sitting on an upgrade for a year, then no offense but you are a complete fool. You're still paying the subsidy for a phone that you technically paid off a year ago, in the form of about $45 extra per month on your phone bill. You should have switched to a MVNO (e.g. Straight Talk) and bought an unlocked phone by now. Or, just stay with AT&T... I am sure they love customers like you.

If you buy your own phone and take it to Straight Talk, you save over $1000 during the course of 2 years. That pays for your factory unlocked phone, and then some! Plus, you get no contract and unlimited everything. I hate to sound like a TV spot, but you're being raped by the big carriers.

except that for those of us on ATT that's no longer an option as the ST ATT sim's are discontinued

arkavat

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I would suggest waiting until BUILD conference. Some information should be out by that time. If you are not in too much of a hurry, wait till iPhone 5s is launched. Compare the options at that time and make your decision. Considering that you have waited this long, you seem to be a patient guy who sticks to his phone for over 2 years. I think you will be more happy to wait a couple more months. Your decision may not change, but you will be happy with your decision.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Why upgrade? Just keep waiting for the best and latest thing. But when that comes out, there will be rumors of another new WP phone, so you should wait for that too.. Just keep waiting forever...

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site

Totally agree. I have no idea why, if you plan to stay with a major carrier and like your current phone, you wouldn't take an upgrade as soon as available. Even if you just Ebay it, you're doing SOMETHING. So baffling why people don't take advantage of the ONLY reason to be with AT&T/Verizon.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Why upgrade? Just keep waiting for the best and latest thing. But when that comes out, there will be rumors of another new WP phone, so you should wait for that too.. Just keep waiting forever...

Agree with TT and ballanda. You should have upgraded a year ago. I would say AT&T will have a new WP8 device out before end of summer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes