Spam Mails being sent from my 820-"ottawa.alkauthar.org/wp-content/plugins/akismet/....."

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Spam Mails being sent from my 820-"ottawa.alkauthar.org/wp-content/plugins/akismet/....."

Check if they have installed an app. I mean all of them need to have that app?
Else their hotmail ID is being toyed with.
Simply mark that mail as spam.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: Spam Mails being sent from my 820-"ottawa.alkauthar.org/wp-content/plugins/akismet/....."

Is is related to any app which i have installed in my fone?

This recently happened to me. I had my Windows account linked to my Twitter account, and I believe someone hacked my Twitter account (they'd sent some odd tweets from my account) and then got access to my Microsoft email account and sent out a whole bunch of spam.

If I were you I'd unlink all accounts and apps from your windows account, change the password on all accounts and enable two-step authentication on your Microsoft account (and any other accounts that support it). It's a bit of a pain, but it took me a couple of hours to get everything sorted out (I had Twitter, Google, Facbook and LinkedIn accounts all linked to my Microsoft account).

From what I've read, Twitter leaks like a sieve in terms of security, so I haven't reconnected my Twitter account. I only access Twitter through the web interface, not through any of the WP8 hubs (which require you to link it to the MS account).

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

^You really shouldn't have opened the link.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, it's a bad idea to put the link there, people are curious and might be tempted to go check the site.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duncekatie39