Syncing Outlook 2010 calendar with Outlook.com (WP8)

xbilly

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
So frustrated that I cannot get my Outlook calendar to sync with outlook.com calendar.

Have tried every solution I can find on the internet such as Hotmail Outlook connector but with no success.

It is infuriating that I can happily sync Outlook with my Google calendar that keeps up-to-date information on my Android tablet but not with one Microsoft product and another. WHY MICROSOFT, WHY DAMMIT ! :angry::cry:

Used to be able to sync outlook.com calendar with my Google calendar but of course that option is no longer available.

Can anyone offer any solution(s) ?

Thanks.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
what device do you have that wont sync Have you ever been able to sync to outlook.com Have you checked the settings on your device to make sure you have the correct user name and passowrd waht sort of error messages if any are you receiving.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So frustrated that I cannot get my Outlook calendar to sync with outlook.com calendar.

Have tried every solution I can find on the internet such as Hotmail Outlook connector but with no success.

It is infuriating that I can happily sync Outlook with my Google calendar that keeps up-to-date information on my Android tablet but not with one Microsoft product and another. WHY MICROSOFT, WHY DAMMIT ! :angry::cry:

Used to be able to sync outlook.com calendar with my Google calendar but of course that option is no longer available.

Can anyone offer any solution(s) ?

Thanks.

What version of Outlook are you using? Are you using a Outlook.com email or Hotmail? Is it your main MS account for WP or a separate email? What phone do you have?

Some more information will help so that we can see where you might be going wrong.

xbilly

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Using Nokia 920.

The sync issue is Outlook 2010 and outlook.com which in turn appears in WP8 calendar app.

I can subscribe to my calendar and appointments appear but it then never updates.

Outlook Hotmail Connector which is separate attempt at sync shows the error report below.

Code:
17:20:38 Synchronizer Version 14.0.6123
17:20:38 Synchronizing Mailbox 'user.whichisme@outlook.com'
17:20:38 Synchronizing local changes in folder 'xbilly's calendar'
17:20:38 Error with Send/Receive.
17:20:38 There was an error synchronizing your folder hierarchy. Error : 80041004.
17:20:38 Synchronizing server changes in folder 'Contacts'

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
OK, please excuse what might be some dumb suggestions as I know you're working through this and it can be frustrating but hopefully we can help.

First, you didn't answer if this is your main MS account email and is a Hotmail/Live or Outlook.com email. I'm going to assume it is.

First check - Settings -> email + accounts ->MS Account -> set 'Download new content' to 'as items arrive'. Change Email to whatever works best. If you want older emails then you need to set to 'any time'. When you exit it will synchronize.

Next - Calendar -> Settings -> Ensure MS Account is on and 'Show to-dos on the calendar' is checked

You can also force a synchronization on any account by doing a long press then sync.

Moving onto Outlook.

Ensure you have the latest version of Outlook connect - Microsoft Office Outlook Hotmail Connector overview - Outlook - Office.com

Enusure you followed the proper steps in setting up the account - How to configure Outlook to connect to an outlook.com email account

Synchronization does take some time, make sure you're on WiFi when first setting up. I had some errors for a bit and they eventually cleared.

xbilly

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the help, much appreciated ! :smile:

Have re-applied calendar sharing with my Google Calendar which seems to have worked (until Google removes access).

Outlook Hotmail Connector doesn't seem to be functioning with my Outlook 2010 32bit as have installed/uninstalled several times but cannot access any settings (in Outlook 2010).

At least I can see my calendar on my 920 now. Was considering the move back to Android as I really need all my information when on the road.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the help, much appreciated ! :smile:

Have re-applied calendar sharing with my Google Calendar which seems to have worked (until Google removes access).

Outlook Hotmail Connector doesn't seem to be functioning with my Outlook 2010 32bit as have installed/uninstalled several times but cannot access any settings (in Outlook 2010).

At least I can see my calendar on my 920 now. Was considering the move back to Android as I really need all my information when on the road.

If you're having issues with Outlook connector I'd say that's an issue with Outlook then. Be sure to check your data file size for Outlook, large data files can cause all sorts of issues so archiving/deleting old email is a good idea. I also find setting up folders is a good to keep your inbox clean. The other thing to try is remove the connector then try re-installing or doing a repair on Outlook and see if that helps (last resort). Be sure to do a backup on your email by doing an export as a .pst file and then import it back in.

I'm currently using Outlook 2013 and I'm finding it handles things a lot better than 2010. I signed up for Office 365 as I use all the Office programs and it made more sense for me.

Clcto

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Have you looked at CompanionLink? They have a lot of options, and can easily connect Outlook to Outlook.Com. They don't have as many limitations as the Outlook connector, and offer free phone support. The product costs $14.95 which is not a lot considering you can call someone for help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium