Can't connect to chat

FBirraque

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I had to do a hard reset on my phone a few days after my post in this thread. After I set up the phone again, Chat started working again :). I know this isn't a route that most of you want to take but I thought I'd report it.

Hope it helps. :)

Didn't worked for me.

bizfox

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I had to do a hard reset on my phone a few days after my post in this thread. After I set up the phone again, Chat started working again :). I know this isn't a route that most of you want to take but I thought I'd report it.

Hope it helps. :)

Didn't work for me either...

Nathan Jo

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Try this, It works for me. Uninstall the facebook (Microsoft application) app from your phone then re-install it. Now sign in using your credentials and update your news feed for more than 5 times and check your chat section simultaneously in that app itself. After that close the app and check your Online content in Messaging.

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Try this, It works for me. Uninstall the facebook (Microsoft application) app from your phone then re-install it. Now sign in using your credentials and update your news feed for more than 5 times and check your chat section simultaneously in that app itself. After that close the app and check your Online content in Messaging.

What? Refresh the news feed or add five posts? What would that have to do with sync'ing across Outlook, Facebook and Messaging?

D0gsballs

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Had a further look and it was working on the 25th but stopped working since then on my 920. The 620 on another sim card is working. Messenger is also working for me on live.com so I'm stumped.

akashpats

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
my facebook chat too!!
It's started giving me trouble from last 2 days. I tried to disconnect Facebook from Microsoft and reconnecting again, but didn't worked!!

D0gsballs

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't think its Facebook that's the problem. If I disable Facebook chat I would expect it to connect to messenger contacts at least but it doesn't, same problem and the chat in Rooms doesn't work because of this. It's a problem with the chat platform as a whole, something blocking it perhaps if it works for another phone in the same house but I have no idea what.

It can't be network because I have the same problem on WiFi and on a 520, so account related (server location maybe) perhaps?

MangoGuy

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi

I have had the same issue for over a month it just says can't connect all the time regardless of which data source you are using, I did manage to get it working the other day by logging into skype this did put it into online so it might be related to the messenger transition to skype hopefully if this is the case it will be fixed in 8.1

Cheers,

FW Barma

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
For connection problem, first thing first is to correct your device DATE and TIME. If it's not up to date, then there is no way you can connect to the network. If the DATE and TIME is correct but the problem persists, then go into turn off battery saving. And if the problem persists after battery saving turn off, then restart your device. If it still persists, than wait till MS fix this gdamn problem... and let's hope it won't take so long.

nsa74

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Made some testing today since my phone decided to stop connecting to chat (wifi or mobile network). Nothing seems to work, it's a matter of triyng and trying again all the solutions and eventually get it to connect after numerous attempts (~15 min.) Mine started to work after setting on and off chat backup for example. The interesting part is that I was able to send a facebook message even if the status was the famous "Can't connect to chat". I didn't receive the reply of course due to the other issue with facebook chat, but my friend received the message. Apparently the problem is related to the connection to messenger and I would say that if you can't connect to your OWN network (live.com) MS has a big issue that needs to be addressed and stop blaming Facebook for problems.

D0gsballs

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
It's not just Facebook Chat. People need to ignore the whole Facebook Chat not working thing - it's Micrsofts chat client as a whole not working.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12