Windows Phone 7.9??

winphoneaddict

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Anyone care to speculate on the future, (any updates), to WP7 beyond 7.8? I keep thinking about the "leaked" Nokia OS slides some months back, that seemed to affirm there would be an update, or updates as the case may be, beyond WP 7.8.

I suppose it may be that if so, maybe Nokia was just referring to their own Lumia line of phones, and not to the OS in general. Although it wouldn't seem likely that Microsoft would sanction a a 7.x update, unless it was done across the board for all 7.x phones. Has anyone come across some tidbits of info they might be able to share?

I for one would like to see one last update before WP7 is laid to rest. Kind of a bit of a reward for the "early adopters" of the platform, when everyone was willing to step out and take a chance with Windows Phone.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
This isn't coming from any "behind the scene" knowledge but I don't see anything beyond 7.8. 7.8 was basically the reward for being an early adopter. If you were there from the very beginning, you probably already have a new phone by now!

To me, there isn't any benefit to an update (from MS's point of view). You are going to see 2nd gen wp8 devices this Fall/Winter, meaning most people should be getting close to their phone upgrades. If you bought a 7.8 phone recently, you should have known by now that Microsoft's efforts are going to be toward 8.1 and beyond.

I get why people were angry when WP8 was confirmed not to be coming to 7.5 devices (I had the 900 then), but that was a year ago now. In the mobile world, that is almost a life time.

winphoneaddict

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I believe you are probably right unfortunately. Ha! Just noticed there was already a thread on here asking this. Sorry everyone. Anyway, I have already moved on to WP8, as I realize it is the future. C'est la vie!

Andresuxx

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I think it's true that wp 8 it's actually the future of the company, and the ecosistem and everything, but actually I really feel bad because in some countries, Lumia phones just got in October last year, I just couldn't resist anymore and I bought this beautiful Lumia 800 in Christmas, but yeah, it had just appeared months ago WP 8, I didn't think it was going to be so different from it but I just realised it's so much better but I've got no money to buy another one, I'd like new updates, really. But I know it's kinda ok, It's fine.
But something I'd like Nokia, Microsoft or companies like Movistar, Claro, or others is to give discounts for your phones, I mean, if I can receive a 30% WP discount for giving my actual Lumia it would be fantastic to upgrade.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Not going to happen. We have had lots of threads about this over the last year. Nokia will continue to update some of their apps for 7.8 but that's it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes