Does the Facebook app REALLY have to be the reason I don't say with WP? :(

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
As others have said, it's great that it works for you to manage it from your computer. More power to you, but that isn't really an answer to "why isn't this feature here?" I'm not trying to be confrontational, far from it. This is the first time I've tried doing something like this from my phone, so I didn't use the app much either. When you have a camera built into the device it makes sense to allow the user to be able to upload those, especially to groups.

I'll probably end up just posting the picture to the director's wall so he can share it to the group page himself, but it would have been much more convenient to be able to post it to the group's page.

So you haven't attempted this using another FB app from iOS or Android, correct? And the mobile/touch browser version of Facebook (completely controlled, built, and designed by Facebook) doesn't have this functionality, correct? Then why are you here blaming Microsoft for this "missing" feature?

When in reality it may actually be the lack of an API for that functionality, which would explain why Facebook's own mobile website doesn't have it either.

I understand you want to do something that would seem "easy" or "make sense" from a user experience perspective. But the lack of that feature is not necessarily Microsoft's fault, or even isolated to Microsoft's OS.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
I never blamed MS. At ease, soldier.

I've been using Windows Mobile since WM2002 on my Motorola MPX-200 and have not had any other kind of smartphone, so I hadn't tried any other version of the app. I just now checked on my wife's iPhone and found that the functionality is not there either. My mistake. Sorry for making you so upset as to verbally attack me.

Peace, brah.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I never blamed MS. At ease, soldier.

I've been using Windows Mobile since WM2002 on my Motorola MPX-200 and have not had any other kind of smartphone, so I hadn't tried any other version of the app. I just now checked on my wife's iPhone and found that the functionality is not there either. My mistake. Sorry for making you so upset as to verbally attack me.

Peace, brah.

Sorry, I just lumped you in with the others in this thread that seem to be pinning it all on MS. Didn't mean to come off insulting.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
No worries. Figured out you have to be an admin of the group to be able to post pics, though. Will be asking my director for that permission tomorrow.

Thanks for asking about using the app on other platforms, though. The WP app seems to have feature parity with the iOS app, at least as far as I could see. Was the OP really able to approve people via the app on iOS? Makes you wonder.

jpayne80

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
No worries. Figured out you have to be an admin of the group to be able to post pics, though. Will be asking my director for that permission tomorrow.

Thanks for asking about using the app on other platforms, though. The WP app seems to have feature parity with the iOS app, at least as far as I could see. Was the OP really able to approve people via the app on iOS? Makes you wonder.

Really? Are you insinuating that I'm lying or that I'm stupid? Well, I'm neither. Find a friend with an iPhone and try it.

And for the record, there is NOT feature parity with the iOS app. You can't tag someone in a comment and you can't approve new group members. That's what I found and I'm sure there's more.

thecaringkind

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Seriously? FACEBOOK?! So a person will ditch an entire platform over Facebook. I always thought the FB integration with WP8 was kind of tight anyway. Its just amazing the things some folks get hung up on. Oh well. To each their own.

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm defending them because that functionality is actually BUILT INTO THE OS. Go to the People Hub, view the feed, and click on an image someone posted. The comments are directly below it. And if you hit the ellipses (3 dots), you'll get the option to save picture.

As for the other memory, that is a known bug I'm sure they will fix, hopefully with GDR2. But other OSes have bugs too, so pick which ever set of bugs you can live with. Android is a bug NIGHTMARE, and should we even bring up Apple Maps?? I mean, talking about a BUG!!

well thx for telling me bout the People Hub as I never use it but I was referring to the actual app. Yeah I know every platform has its bugs but most get fixed promptly not still going 3yrs after it was 1st noticed!!

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
well thx for telling me bout the People Hub as I never use it but I was referring to the actual app. Yeah I know every platform has its bugs but most get fixed promptly not still going 3yrs after it was 1st noticed!!

In the old Facebook app, you can view images on wall posts with the comments if you hit the comments icon after you click on the image. It shows you the image and all the comments, as well as allowing you to make a comment. I do not see the option to "save to phone" though. I haven't checked this on the new FB app, but I imagine it can at least match that functionality.

The "other" storage bug is isolated to WP8. So that's less than a year, not 3 years. And this Facebook feature is not a bug, in fact since you can do it without even using the app, I'd say they have the advantage.

jpayne80

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
JDB for Facebook is actually working out pretty well for me! I can tag people in comments and approve new members in groups. I checked out the page manager app, but it doesn't do me any good because it's pages only, and I buy/sell/admin in groups.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes