Any solution yet for Google Calendar sync?

novaprime9

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

I still haven't taken the leap to 7.8 yet though I'm really itching too... solely because of the Google Calendar issue. If I can't use Google Calendar, it's a show stopper for me. My whole family uses gcal. Can't get them all to switch.

Has anything changed that I didn't hear about? If not, is there anything coming that I can look forward to?

Thanks... hope you all have a great weekend!

~nova

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
One feature you might like is family room on your windows phone but I believe this is only for Windows Phone 8. I use this all the time for scheduled bills and other items for our "family calendar" then I use my own outlook calendar. It is google fault it doesn't sync.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The solution is not to use google calendar and start using Outlook.
if there is one thing that Gmail does better than outlook it is calendars. I use three calendars, one for school (google apps) one for work (office 365) and my home outlook.com one which has all information from the other two calendars plus my family room calendar is incorporated.

I will say that I hope Microsoft as more options to outlook.com to make it on par with google calendar.
If yyou have outlook 13 sync your outlook.com calendar it is by far thr best calendar

novaprime9

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
The solution is not to use google calendar and start using Outlook.

Yeah, not so much. As I said, my entire family uses google calendar and we share them all. Getting them all to switch isn't going to happen.

To DBDev's point, I've tried adding my gcals to Outlook. It's cludgy at best. Seems to update once a day at most, and at times will not update for a few days. Totally blows. :(

I've messed around with a few other options like Chronos Calendar, which works but is ugly as sin.

I really can't believe MS can't figure out a way to force a sync with Google Calendar, when the data for shared calendars is obviously available. So frustrated. :(

meandu229

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
My Google calandar and the one I share with GF work fine on WP8 and also on my titan on 7.5 before I sold it, I cant add edit and delet appointments from the calandar

novaprime9

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I can't believe I might end up having to go with an Android phone because of a calendar issue like this. Makes me so mad. >=\

Gideon Lyons

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes there is a workaround.
Settings > email + accounts > delete your existing google accounts, then go back and > add an account > advanced setup > enter your gmail details > select 'Exchange ActiveSync' >

On the following screen, settings should be as follows:
Email address & password already filled in
username: CHANGE THIS TO YOUR FULL GMAIL ADDRESS
domain: type 'none'
server: m.google.com
select content to synchronise

Hope this works!

Last edited:

trickym81

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Settings > email + accounts > delete your existing google accounts, then go back and > add an account > advanced setup > enter your gmail details > select 'Exchange ActiveSync' >

Hope this works!
Will this work once Google stops supporting Exchange?

Nunayo Bisnez

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I have my multiple and shared Google calendars synced on my phone. After adding the Google account to your phone through your phone settings (Settings... Email+accounts) and clicking the boxes for Calendar, go to m.google.com/sync/settings/iconfig/device on the phone's browser. The device should show up and allow you to choose the calendars you want synced. After doing that, go back to the phone's settings for your Google account and UNCHECK the Calendar box. Save. RECHECK the Calendar box, and then the multiple/shared calendar(s) should sync on the phone.

novaprime9

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I have multiple calendars on my phone as well, using the same method.

But what version of WP are you running? I'm still on 7.5, and scared to move up to .8 because I've heard that this no longer works. :(

colin002

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Multi-calendar support is left in the cold though. At least for me. Selecting new calendars via Google Sync would not reflect on your phone.

Outlook4Gmail user

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I use plugin Outlook4Gmail that makes this task a fast and easy one.
I highly appreciate that it syncs Outlook and Google contacts with maximum details.
Outlook4Gmail provides various ways of syncing Calendars, both import a calendar from Google into Outlook and export an Outlook calendar to Google. You can even Sync Contact Categories with Google Groups
This Outlook plugin comes with a lot of handy features and works perfectly and it is really a good option to use Outlook4gmail for synching google and outlook accounts.:eek:rly:

Jukka Palomaki

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site

Hope this works!

This really worked with Lumia 900 that has Windows 7.8. Thanks!
This was really big problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes