Hello all,

I still haven't taken the leap to 7.8 yet though I'm really itching too... solely because of the Google Calendar issue. If I can't use Google Calendar, it's a show stopper for me. My whole family uses gcal. Can't get them all to switch.

Has anything changed that I didn't hear about? If not, is there anything coming that I can look forward to?

Thanks... hope you all have a great weekend!

~nova
    07-05-2013 03:43 PM
    One feature you might like is family room on your windows phone but I believe this is only for Windows Phone 8. I use this all the time for scheduled bills and other items for our "family calendar" then I use my own outlook calendar. It is google fault it doesn't sync.
    07-05-2013 10:45 PM
    You can add your google calendar to your Outlook.com calendar. I think that will work.
    07-06-2013 04:25 AM
    The solution is not to use google calendar and start using Outlook.
    rdubmu likes this.
    07-07-2013 08:57 AM
    if there is one thing that Gmail does better than outlook it is calendars. I use three calendars, one for school (google apps) one for work (office 365) and my home outlook.com one which has all information from the other two calendars plus my family room calendar is incorporated.

I will say that I hope Microsoft as more options to outlook.com to make it on par with google calendar.
    If yyou have outlook 13 sync your outlook.com calendar it is by far thr best calendar
    07-07-2013 09:42 AM
    Yeah, not so much. As I said, my entire family uses google calendar and we share them all. Getting them all to switch isn't going to happen.

To DBDev's point, I've tried adding my gcals to Outlook. It's cludgy at best. Seems to update once a day at most, and at times will not update for a few days. Totally blows. :(

I've messed around with a few other options like Chronos Calendar, which works but is ugly as sin.

I really can't believe MS can't figure out a way to force a sync with Google Calendar, when the data for shared calendars is obviously available. So frustrated. :(
    07-08-2013 08:48 AM
    My Google calandar and the one I share with GF work fine on WP8 and also on my titan on 7.5 before I sold it, I cant add edit and delet appointments from the calandar
    07-08-2013 08:51 AM
    To DBDev's point, I've tried adding my gcals to Outlook. It's cludgy at best. Seems to update once a day at most, and at times will not update for a few days. Totally blows. :(
    Ok, that's sad, I didn't know that :(
    07-08-2013 09:03 AM
    I can't believe I might end up having to go with an Android phone because of a calendar issue like this. Makes me so mad. >=\
    07-08-2013 10:38 AM
    Yes there is a workaround.
    Settings > email + accounts > delete your existing google accounts, then go back and > add an account > advanced setup > enter your gmail details > select 'Exchange ActiveSync' >

On the following screen, settings should be as follows:
    Email address & password already filled in
    username: CHANGE THIS TO YOUR FULL GMAIL ADDRESS
    domain: type 'none'
    server: m.google.com
    select content to synchronise

Hope this works!
    Last edited by Gideon Lyons; 07-22-2013 at 05:35 PM.
    Jukka Palomaki likes this.
    07-22-2013 03:10 PM
    Settings > email + accounts > delete your existing google accounts, then go back and > add an account > advanced setup > enter your gmail details > select 'Exchange ActiveSync' >

Hope this works!
    Will this work once Google stops supporting Exchange?
    07-25-2013 12:05 PM
    I have my multiple and shared Google calendars synced on my phone. After adding the Google account to your phone through your phone settings (Settings... Email+accounts) and clicking the boxes for Calendar, go to m.google.com/sync/settings/iconfig/device on the phone's browser. The device should show up and allow you to choose the calendars you want synced. After doing that, go back to the phone's settings for your Google account and UNCHECK the Calendar box. Save. RECHECK the Calendar box, and then the multiple/shared calendar(s) should sync on the phone.
    amaralice likes this.
    07-25-2013 12:54 PM
    I have multiple calendars on my phone as well, using the same method.

But what version of WP are you running? I'm still on 7.5, and scared to move up to .8 because I've heard that this no longer works. :(
    07-26-2013 03:35 PM
    Will this work once Google stops supporting Exchange?
    Not sure but set it up before July 31st!
    07-26-2013 05:10 PM
    That totally worked Nunayo. Thanks so much!! I have an LG -C900 running 7.5
    07-30-2013 04:08 PM
    Multi-calendar support is left in the cold though. At least for me. Selecting new calendars via Google Sync would not reflect on your phone.
    08-01-2013 08:04 AM
    Hello,
    I use plugin Outlook4Gmail that makes this task a fast and easy one.
    I highly appreciate that it syncs Outlook and Google contacts with maximum details.
    Outlook4Gmail provides various ways of syncing Calendars, both import a calendar from Google into Outlook and export an Outlook calendar to Google. You can even Sync Contact Categories with Google Groups
    This Outlook plugin comes with a lot of handy features and works perfectly and it is really a good option to use Outlook4gmail for synching google and outlook accounts.
    10-04-2013 09:44 AM
    He/she wants it on windows phone not outlook

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    10-04-2013 02:28 PM

Hope this works!
    This really worked with Lumia 900 that has Windows 7.8. Thanks!
    This was really big problem.
    yarvelling likes this.
    12-31-2013 02:59 AM