Poll : How Much do you rate WP8 On a scale of 1-10 ?

Chrispcrust

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
So many missing features and applications that I needed to buy a separate Android tablet just to supplement. The OS gets a 6 for being smooth, stable and reliable. The fact that there have been no features added since "Mango" in mid-2010 (kids corner non withstanding) is laughable, Kernel re-write or not. It shows how much MS is paying attention to WP. If they showed some WP some more love, maybe I would too.

After using WP for 2 years, I'm also tired of the design language.

WP8.1 needs to really kick *** to keep me on board. Nokia is trying to keep this ship afloat, but 41 MP isn't going to do it for me (I have a Mark 3, no need). I want to see more out of Microsoft. Not Nokia.

Not really getting my hopes up at this point.

JonnieLasVegas

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Overall I give it a 5. It has a looooong way to go, but I like the look of it and it's steadily improving so I'm sticking with my 920 (along side an iPhone 5 for the missing features and apps). For now, at least.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, I like Windows phone and still believe that one day it will be best OS for smartphones. But right none, after 3 years, it still bad in terms of features. I used to be owner of HTC HD7, later two Lumia 800, after that HTC 8X and now Lumia 920, but OS still lacks rudimentary functionality :(
I really hope it's gonna change one day, and hope it happens soon, not late :(

but right now my rate is 4

Last edited:

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
So many missing features and applications that I needed to buy a separate Android tablet just to supplement. The OS gets a 6 for being smooth, stable and reliable. The fact that there have been no features added since "Mango" in mid-2010 (kids corner non withstanding) is laughable, Kernel re-write or not. It shows how much MS is paying attention to WP. If they showed some WP some more love, maybe I would too.

After using WP for 2 years, I'm also tired of the design language.

WP8.1 needs to really kick *** to keep me on board. Nokia is trying to keep this ship afloat, but 41 MP isn't going to do it for me (I have a Mark 3, no need). I want to see more out of Microsoft. Not Nokia.

Not really getting my hopes up at this point.

Yup - that's how I feel. I always keep a Windows Phone around because I like using it so much, but that only lasts a few days, and then I HAVE to go back to an iOS or Android device. I can't even use a Windows Phone for BASIC functionality (can't adjust volume level of alarm clock, new podcasts aren't shown on marketplace until the next day, can't sync bookmarks, "other" storage is filling up faster than I can stop it, etc). The lack of bug fixes from MS is seriously frustrating as well.

I'm on my Ativ S today, but chances are, I'll be putting my sim in my GS4 and use that for a week, until I get the itch and use the Ativ S for a day. That's about all I can handle.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

Out of the box functionality is great and MS Office has definitely helped me in a pinch. However, there are still features that many users would like ported over to WP8 like a notification center. Even though I can get by just fine without one, other users would find great benefit in a notification center. The OS itself is fine, rock solid even, but there is a noticeable app situation. Luckily, that's not due to a flaw in the OS itself. That's more of a chicken and egg problem. And finally Microsoft really needs to fix Xbox Music and allow Xbox Videos to play on WP8 phones.

Troyseph

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I would give it a 7.5. I find myself jumping from IOS to WP8 almost each month. I love the design and fluid nature of the OS, but Xbox music still won't sync with my music collection in iTunes, and when it does, triplets of a track, or 20gigs of it stored in unknown artist section. Almost all the apps I use on IOS are on WP8 now, so that isn't an issue, but x box music... Come on! Microsoft needs to seriously look into their sync client.

I always end up coming back to WP8 due to how stable the OS is and the clean text based design. I love my Nokia's camera magic as well.

thecaringkind

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
8/10. There are some bugs and the OS really could use some expedited updates in terms of functionality, however overall the OS is fluid, fast, and the aesthetic just pops for me. It works. I love the look and the feel PRECISELY because it is everything Android & iOS isn't.

killakiloz

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I would give it an 8. More banking /financial apps needed (especially Canada) and a notification hub/tile/center. I love how fast the os is, the design, and the Xbox connectivity!

mohdzarif

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
7/10 because it lacks of things like:
1) Quick settings toggles/tiles
2) Good task manager (can kill apps)
3) Notification center
4) Screen orientation lock
BTW, I still hope for improvements and love WP 8. :)

LeLee092

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
WP 6.5-7/10
iOS is at about an 8
Android is probably a solid 7

WP has some great features that neither iOS or Android have..
Once they get some of the basic things out of the way (reliable notification, lock orientation, better volume control, and smooth out Xbox music) then I'll give it a 9

hohohohanfan

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I would rate it 8, love my phone and the metro UI but it needs to sort out its amateur flaws for such a large-scale OS like live tiles not updating

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes