Poll : How Much do you rate WP8 On a scale of 1-10 ?

IrRevd

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
iOS - 6 (previously a 7 until Maps fiasco)
Android - 7
Blackberry - 4

And to answer your question...

Windows Phone - 6

Still my no 1 preference but if you do an objective comparison I think you will agree that it is lacking (software wise).

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
:D very interesting question "why jailbreak on WP".
What, if i will support the developers they can jailbreak it???

It's being worked on but appears to be a long way to go still.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...ia-collection-htc-temple-run-512mb-phone.html

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...huawei-w1-jailbreaked-possibly-also-l920.html

The main reason for this is due to the WP security - https://www.msec.be/mobcom/ws2013/presentations/david_hernie.pdf

Whether we ever get custom ROMs and hacks I really don't care, what matters to me is getting the functions on the phone that should have been there from the beginning.

satycool

May 15, 2013
Visit site
When MS advertise this W8 smartphones targeting SG3 and iPhone it does seem they are telling you they have the best Smartphone! After my personal experience I have to say I am disappointed with MS claim as best Smartphone for following reasons.

Seeing iOS 7 (which MS will be competing with) the full feature video, and have used and experienced Jellybean 4.1 & 2.. I have to say W8 is SERIOUSLY falling far behind on everything!!! If W8p want to stay in the market, MS really do need to wake-up! MS seem very slow and do seem not-so-bothered about W8phones from my experience on W8 phone. Its the only smartphone I know with no all-in-one Notification, no ability to put apps in Folders (come-on too many Tiles do get confusing that involve a memory test of remembering where you placed the app are on the Homescreen - eps when they only have the logo to go by and use lots of apps). With no quick access to your Bluetooth / Net / Wifi (take a look at android/iOS 7); this esp.annoying as you have to go back out the screen you where inn, then go into the Bluetooth/ Net / Wifi, the back again to where you where originally. For some strange reason MS seems to have no media Mute (No you can't press the volume-key and the screen to silence - this only silence phone calls, not media), and why is there no separate control for media and phone volume: What on earth are MS thinking!...Why oh why do you need the use of the Net; that costs you the user data and battery, a PC, a SkyDrive app, and a W8 Phone simply to create Photo Albums! Is MS really being awkward just for the sake of it !! Yet MS continue being annoying and more awkward by making Music Playlist a confusing multitasking task, - and yet once finally figure that out creating a Playlist, which is created on the phone, you can't add more tracks to that Playlist later from the phone. Only W8/MS phones make you do this!...Oh! MAPS/PLACES hardly any reviews/photos on places/shops/restaurants..etc, lack any info on them too, with many small shops/business missing, with no real-time alternative route navigation on W8phones, no alerts on road problems. The more you investigate W8phones esp when coming from android/apple, you do see how far back W8 phones are. MS are to blame for the lack of features, innovation, support, fixes, that WP8 so desperately need! 5/10

Last edited:

satycool

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm going off my W8 phone, all that seems to coming from it now are more Photo apps or Photo updates! Having used SG3 I see the many functions, features - even basics, so missing from W8 phones! Its unbelievable that MS can't get the most basic functions right, and I doubt GDR 2/Amber is going to do anything much but the sounds of things! With iOS 7 looking totally fresh and new with quick access, new features, new looks, improves Siri even more, missing features added, multitasking,...etc; W8 is going to have to do a lot more to keep customers interested!

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
5 out of 10. Verdict: Not enough. Almost had it with this L920. Power comsumption is just wrong.

Edited

Last edited:

Fernandisco

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
As a new wp user i'll say 6, why?

Quite unstable, especially stock/nokia music app
No "x" to close apps
Settings menu is a mess
No notification center
Push notifications come too late
No seekbar in music/video player (seriously?)
Facebook app is meh
Whatsapp app is a joke (not funny tho)
Internet explorer is missing basic features like incognito mode or fullscreen
No official youtube app (using metrotube)

Hope most of these issues get fixed with gdr2

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm going off my W8 phone, all that seems to coming from it now are more Photo apps or Photo updates! Having used SG3 I see the many functions, features - even basics, so missing from W8 phones! Its unbelievable that MS can't get the most basic functions right, and I doubt GDR 2/Amber is going to do anything much but the sounds of things! With iOS 7 looking totally fresh and new with quick access, new features, new looks, improves Siri even more, missing features added, multitasking,...etc; W8 is going to have to do a lot more to keep customers interested!

Allow my to say good-bye for everyone here... if you feel that way about WP so be it, stop whinging and leave already if that's what you want to do. The rest of us want to whinge some more and to see if WP8.1 is worth the wait before we jump ship. You're not the only one disappointed with WP. However, some of us are willing to wait and see what MS does.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
As a new wp user i'll say 6, why?

Quite unstable, especially stock/nokia music app
No "x" to close apps
Settings menu is a mess
No notification center
Push notifications come too late
No seekbar in music/video player (seriously?)
Facebook app is meh
Whatsapp app is a joke (not funny tho)
Internet explorer is missing basic features like incognito mode or fullscreen
No official youtube app (using metrotube)

Hope most of these issues get fixed with gdr2

Don't expect additional features for any GDR update. They're mostly patches to the OS so, yes maybe fixes to OS based software like People and Xbox and so on. Don't expect anything like Notfication Center etc until WP8.1.

I agree about the Facebook app. I'm happy that it's better but I tried to update my profile picture today and couldn't do it! Was total crap. That and the stupid refresh to top thing. So annoying!

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I want to jump out of WP8 as well.

But here is a question what I keep having :
"lets say that I ditched WP8 and then what OS should I use ?"

I used all three and was never perfectly happy with any OS.

iOS is great but its pretty much locked down to iTunes and feels more closed than WP.

In android I cant stand lag and skins of OEMs and nexus devices have cheap designs , bad optics and limited storage.

For all OS I give 9.Not just WP.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I can't rate it highly when bugs such as other storage aren't even being talked about. So much potential, but real hard to recommend as it stands.

satycool

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I think once iOS 7 is out people will just ignore W8 phones. It doesn't offer anything except tiles, which themselves can become confusing and cluttered ESP if pinned a lot to hone screen. Personally I want go back to Android (loved SG3), but will just hold until GDR 2 - though this looks more like general bug fixing rather then correcting/adding/bringing all the many features and basic functions missing on W8 phones. MS seems right now digging themselves into the grave, I hope they realise that word of mouth is not helping W8 Phones when compared to Android and the upcoming iOS 7

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I find the 7 point answer interesting and wish that if MSFT was to read one feedback thread, its this one. Not because of the facts, but because of the feelings in here. I believe many is in this position.could be called a how to fix WP8 as well etc.

Fernandisco

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Don't expect additional features for any GDR update. They're mostly patches to the OS so, yes maybe fixes to OS based software like People and Xbox and so on. Don't expect anything like Notfication Center etc until WP8.1.

I agree about the Facebook app. I'm happy that it's better but I tried to update my profile picture today and couldn't do it! Was total crap. That and the stupid refresh to top thing. So annoying!

Well i'm ok as long as they fix the stability and notifications issues. About the fb app i think it's still a beta but i'm not a fb poweruser so i'm ok with that too.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Well i'm ok as long as they fix the stability and notifications issues. About the fb app i think it's still a beta but i'm not a fb poweruser so i'm ok with that too.

They have both the 'release' and beta versions on the FB app going now. If you were to update your FB on your phone it will be the new version. It's got some bugs but it looks like they're still working on it which is good.

There's a lot to be fixed on WP, little things, but I think they will take care of a lot with GDR2 and GDR3 at least that's the hope. I would like certain features added to existing OS apps as that's what GDRs are for but we have little idea of what is being done. So we wait.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster