outlook.com attachments?

surfacedude

May 24, 2013
Visit site
not sure if this is the right place for this topics. i'm also not sure why this pissed me off so much....here's the problem. why on earth had Microsoft limited the number of attachments you can have on a message? i just tried to forward an email to someone w/ 6 attachments and got a message saying i could only have 5 attachments and so i needed to remove one. wtf?! this seems completely arbitrary to me. why on earth would you limit the number of attachments? as long as the size of the email is under a certain size, why should it make a difference? again, not sure why this has angered me so much, but i'm almost ready to just stop using the outlook.com which is a shame because i really like the changes microsoft has made to the service.

if this is a way to force people to use the cloud, then it's incredibly heavy-handed.

has anyone else encountered this?

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
They havent limited anything, I think you are overreacting without making sure other users suffer the same. because i dont know why you get your problem.
I made some tests about your problem, and I only got errors attaching when I was attaching something bigger than the 25mb limit. but after that, everything was ok.
I even tested attachments in Mail app, and it doesn't do that either.

I also send an email to myself and then forwarded messaged to see if that was the problem and nope, the attached 10 pdfs files I tested didn't give problem.

I can show you with this https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror, I tested attaching with 22 pics, another email with 10 pdfs, and when I got the error about 25mb it was a 6 of 10 random files uploaded.

I also tested attaching "pictures inline" and it was the same 22 pics of the other test. and no error.

I am using IE11 by the way. I don't know if the limit comes from using other web browsers since im not testing that. ok I tested the same 22 pictures, in Opera browser portable I had in my computer, and it didn't give an error. so yeah... I still don't get how you got that error! but at least I could show you Microsoft haven't limited anything.

PS. I made another test in IE10, with 40 pics and they were attached with no problem. so yeah everything works fine here.

surfacedude

May 24, 2013
Visit site
thanks for the reply. not sure what's up with mine. i still get the error and i'm attaching files the way i've always attached files. it seems to be the number of files, not their size. maybe it's just me. weird. not sure why i got so angry about it. i think i went crazy for about 30 seconds!

cmnetworx

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Over reacting? If you searched google a bit you would see that plenty of other people are having this issue. Another bonehead move by microsoft most likely because they can't figure out how to properly prevent spam. No solution that I have found for it yet besides to use another service.. considering their track record with "features" i'd recommend gmail

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo