Ug, got my L920 wet now what can a Rogers customer do?

mythos13

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I was hiking/swimming yesterday foolishly emerged from a swimming hole and dripped water into my backpack which had my L920 sitting on top. Water got inside my phone and now it won't turn on. I took it to the shop and by the time I got there the phone did turn on for a few seconds but there was obvious water damage in the screen and they also found it was still wet inside. They said I could get lucky if I left it immersed in rice for a couple of days so I'm trying that now but I don't expect it will work and I will have to buy a new phone.But what a lousy time to buy a new phone. I cannot spend top dollar on another L920 on Rogers at this point and they have not indicated they will be getting the 1020 but I assume they. But what do I do in the meantime? I'm thinking the best I could do would be to buy a cheap Windows Phone that will work on Rogers that will tie me over until I can early upgrade to a 1020 perhaps. What would be a good choice of phone to buy?Thanks

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
In the future if you device ever gets wet, power it down immediately and put in a bag of rice for a few days to a week. Trying to power it on wet will kill them every time. I would look at the phones that are available on your carrier and select one that meets your needs until you can afford to purchase the device you want. There are many low cost windows phones.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi mythos13 and welcome to WPCentral.

I'm sorry to hear about the water damage to your 920.

Perhaps you could check kijiji and see if anyone has a used 920 (or another Windows Phone) for sale.

mythos13

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Suddenly technology is not my friend--the reply buttons are not working for me :) Thanks, I thought I did have it dry but I was wrong. Thanks Laura, yes I will be sure to check Kijiji out as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon