HTC 8XT & Ativ S Neo Question

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty new to the WP8 world, think I'm on day 4 or 5 now.

After learning more and more about how updates work (I've owned WM's (Treo Pro), Pre's, Androids (HTC One, Photon 4G) and old BB's from work), I'm thinking that maybe I should have waited for the Ativ S Neo on Sprint for the higher resolution display over the 8XT.

I love the form factor on the 8XT and the size, but I also know that 2 years is a long time in the mobile game, and that possibly having the ATIV S Neo with the higher resolution display would possibly give me more options to take advantage of the GDR3 features over the 8XT?

Its always a crap shoot on upgrades over the life of a device, and I know that the carrier (in my case, Sprint) matters a great deal on the update front as well.

Since both are really reworked devices from last year, can folks see any other benefits to the ATIV S Neo over the 8XT that I'm not really aware of besides screen resolution?

I'm still in my 14 Day return window so I'm possibly thinking that I'd return the 8XT and wait for the ATIV S Neo. After getting my feet wet with WP8, I definitely want to stay. Nice to have a phone that just works!

TIA!

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Well if the Neo is released on Aug 16 as rumored. Then you can wait for it without returning your 8XT yet. You'll still be within 14 days and won't have to do without a phone. Good luck!

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm hoping there's an annoucement this next week!

I guess I'm really wondering if going to the HD screen will get me the 3rd row of tiles...or if that's only for 1080p devices...and if the Neo will still be left with 2?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit