What Windows Phone could've/should've/would've been.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Had Microsoft not gone with the idea of Live Tiles for WP8 (or tiles at all for WP7), what do you think they would've designed for their newest platform? Also, do you think the current setup of the Start Screen (Live Tiles concept, strictly) is satisfying? Would you have wanted another design? This is not the thread to talk about a missing notification center, a lack of multitasking, etc., but rather a "what if...?" to ponder about the Start Screen itself (excluding the app list), and not the OS's flaws.

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Well, if it's not live tiles then would have been another sea of icons, static or non static.

I am very satisfied with the live tiles concept even if a lot of the apps aren't live enabled or the small tiles are not live. Being able to constantly change with live data or a glace is really refreshing, it subtlety changes your phone all the time without having to rearrange your "icons".

If WP was another sea of icon phone I wouldn't have bothered to even try to be honest.

I've already gone through the entire iPhone jailbreak to customize it and had enough, that's why I didn't go android cause I have better things to do with my life than fiddle with all the possible options.

icstars989

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Recently there was an article showing off 3 scrapped designs for WP. I think we got the best one. I'm completely happy with it, I'm off my phone a lot more because I just glance (sometimes wait) for the info I want.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
It would've been better for WP to stay tiled, like it is now.

After all, that would be the reason behind me enjoying it now.

Also, all those animations.
I <3 them all.

angusdegraosta

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Do some time travel back to 2009...
Windows Mobile 6.5 review
Whoa. I like tiles and the Swiss design language they're using now. Comparatively, it's gorgeous.
What the phone team has to do is consider ease of function to be as important as style, so let's hope some more little quirks get ironed out in the months ahead.

Last edited:

Quhi

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I like the current setup, but I think that it can get better. Like in WP9 or even 10 it would be very nice if all the riles to be actually 3D and moving. Imagine a strict and clear cube, that spins every bit of time and shows something new.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I like the current setup, but I think that it can get better. Like in WP9 or even 10 it would be very nice if all the riles to be actually 3D and moving. Imagine a strict and clear cube, that spins every bit of time and shows something new.

If each side of the cube showed different information from the app, that would look gorgeous. However, the setup imo has to be more robust than cubes that move. Because I feel that all of the cubes rotating and moving at the same time would be nauseating. Nonetheless, it is a good thing to consider.

Quhi

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Lol, they shouldn't rotate all the time, I think that they should do it as fast as our current tiles change sides. Maybe all the windows phone's interface could become 3d and yet it still would be in simple colors, of course it must be beautiful, so it's hard to make this appealing.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Do some time travel back to 2009...
Windows Mobile 6.5 review
Whoa. I like tiles and the Swiss design language. It's gorgeous.
What the phone team has to do is consider ease of function to be as important as style, so let's hope some more little quirks get ironed out in the months ahead.

That IS gorgeous, wow. What did people not like about it? I'm a newer WPhan, as I never used anything before WP8, so im a noob I guess.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon