Gmail - option of item as soon as it arrives gone after GDR2 update. Minimum 15 mins

chatychetan

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I am using lumia 820. After GDR2 update, when I updated my gmail password, I saw that there is no option of syncing the item as soon as it arrives under download new item. The minimum time is 15 mins. Is this problem just with me or everyone. Pls help. If there is a solution then please help me.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Google is abandoning support for activesync. You will not be able to sync with Gmail the old fashioned way. Microsoft included CardDAV and CalDAV support in GDR2 because of this reason. You can thank Google for that.

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
So not even when you create an account in the advanced menu? I don't have 'as arrive' neither (i don't have GDR2) when i just chose Google in the email settings, i had to it the other way around, "advanced/add account" to have instant push notifications..

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
So not even when you create an account in the advanced menu? I don't have 'as arrive' neither (i don't have GDR2) when i just chose Google in the email settings, i had to it the other way around, "advanced/add account" to have instant push notifications..

Yes, I apologize. If you create it through the advanced setting then I believe you can still set it up with activesync. Google did extend it till the end of the year.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos