New Error Message? "Close some apps"

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I've never seen this before. I tried to open my camera and I got a screen telling me "Close some apps. Your phone is busy and can't open the camera. Close some apps and try again."

I pressed the back arrow to "close" the apps. I only had a few open though...I think settings, mail, and angry birds (which I mistakenly opened and didn't even play).

Is this a new warning? Anyone else seen this? Just curious.

wp_ss_20130828_0001.png

airwolf878

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Happened to me when I first tried to launch Nokia Pro Cam on my Lumia 928. After 3-4 attempts the message went away and the app worked correctly.

hsn97

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I've never seen this before. I tried to open my camera and I got a screen telling me "Close some apps. Your phone is busy and can't open the camera. Close some apps and try again."

I pressed the back arrow to "close" the apps. I only had a few open though...I think settings, mail, and angry birds (which I mistakenly opened and didn't even play).

Is this a new warning? Anyone else seen this? Just curious.

View attachment 41584

Never seen this error before really. You should try a soft reset to be at the safe side of not not seeing this again.

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
any further thoughts on this?? - seeing this problem since the last two Nokia Pro/Camera updates on my 920. never saw it prior to this.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue on my AT&T Lumia 920, but it only happened once- and that was shortly after Nokia released Pro Cam for the 92x series. I closed some apps, reset the phone and never saw it again. At the time I just assumed it was because I had a bunch of apps running when I tried to use ProCam (and thought to myself "maybe this is part of the reason the 1020 has 2GB of RAM").

Last edited by a moderator:

dominicrico

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Im a lumia 720 user. And Im using nokia camera. I downloaded it using some cracks and proxies. It was nokia pro cam before, and I didnt see this error, but after i updated to nokia camera, this message is always appearing. These message appears when i try to view the photo i have taken. It took me 1-3 restart before i able to view and edit the last taken photo. I thought at first it was because my phone has only 512 mb ram, but as i read the threads above, i think being 512 ram is not the issue.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
This is weird... The OS is SUPPOSED to tombstone apps in the back stack as memory is needed, so you shouldn't have to "close" apps - the OS should. Sounds to me like a bug, except for one thing - someone had to program that message into the phone. :straight:

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm surprised I never saw this thread till now. It's strictly RAM related. The Nokia Camera app uses a lot of RAM and your phone also has other processes to take care of. Angry birds was the culprit in OP's case.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
While I don't disagree with that, the phone is supposed to do the managing and tombstone apps as needed, so this should never happen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720