Can I change phone ROM to new provider?

mmarksx19

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
So, I bought a locked EE Nokia 920 here in the UK & had it unlocked.
I now have it with an O2 SIM card.

There is no Amber update (yet) for EE, can I somehow install the O2 update and then get their updates seeing as I am on their SIM anyway?

demonp82

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Why dont you just wait for the update to come. Or did you forget how awful the restore process is? If you flash your phone you loose warranty.

Ausis74

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I am in the same predicament but am on three and wouldn't mind the hassle, once it is up an running you can install everything from my windows phone online account, would doing this relock my phone?

surya kiran

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
If your phone is factory unlocked, flashing wont relock your phone.
I am in the same predicament but am on three and wouldn't mind the hassle, once it is up an running you can install everything from my windows phone online account, would doing this relock my phone?

Iky 3DK

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
You can flash a different rom on the phone, I have a EE Lumia 820 and flashed a German amber rom since EE are going to take forever to release the update and it won't relock the phone if it is network unlocked.

mmarksx19

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I saw instructions for putting a French Amber ROM on it, is there a set of instructions to put the O2 (or country variant) amber rom on my 920? I may as well use the O2 ROM as they are my carrier.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon