Official EE (UK Carrier) twitter app says GDR2 update will be "available in the next few weeks"

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Official EE (UK Carrier) twitter app says GDR2 update will be "available in the next few weeks"

Was there a reason to replace your phone? or was it just to get your hands on an unbranded phone

I had software and hardware issues. HTC were pretty good about it. Couriered me a new phone and sent another courier to pick up my old one. It did take them a while though as they had no stock left from the launch had to wait about 3 weeks with a really dodgy phone.

dlusted

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: Official EE (UK Carrier) twitter app says GDR2 update will be "available in the next few weeks"

Think I might just flash it myself! I had to do it for WP7.8 on my omnia 7
As did I with my HD7 on O2.... There's nothing to it, and its done in 5mins.

But, redownloading 120 apps is a hassle lol

Derek De Souza

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

As did I with my HD7 on O2.... There's nothing to it, and its done in 5mins.

But, redownloading 120 apps is a hassle lol

Oh crap. All of my progress on my games + apps will be lost forever :O

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Guys, I've had the EE Amber and GDR2 update for a week now.
If you really cannot wait, and want it now either;
a) Download and flash the official EE update from NCS
b) Download and flash a generic one which has 4G enabled, thus breaking away from EE and their update stalls

I've done both, flashed Dev ROM a few weeks ago and then flashed back to EE when their FW was available on NCS.

As much as I know people like using anagrams but when you're talking about something like this all I am now is confused. Can you provide a link to NCS?

Derek De Souza

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

So I guess we all have to wait for EE to release it then

dlusted

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

As much as I know people like using anagrams but when you're talking about something like this all I am now is confused. Can you provide a link to NCS?
There are plenty of threads regarding flashing, with the link within to download

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Oh crap. All of my progress on my games + apps will be lost forever :O
This is why I rarely play games on my phone, I don't want to be in limbo - wondering should I flash a rom and lose all those countless hours or wait for the update to roll out. Usually I end up doing the latter as I end up checking if other people have reported any bugs. I hope MS add a full cloud back up of games and app data with 8.1.

Derek De Souza

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

I flashed it Nokia smart cam was far more important to me. I got a simple link that helped me out. So now in rocking a gdr2 + amber device and night time images have never looked better on a phone (no flash) glance, double tap, Data sense which is now available for EE uk customers and some other exclusive Nokia apps

Derek De Souza

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

The worst part of the update was waiting for 120 apps + games to be installed back on to my phone oh that was painful

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

The worst part of the update was waiting for 120 apps + games to be installed back on to my phone oh that was painful

Lol, no wonder I don't like formatting the phone even though I can see that the "Other" guy is eating my space.

Bicpug

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site

If i was to have my EE 920 unlocked would i have faster access to updates?

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

@Bicpug.

No. Unlocking just makes your phone open to any Network. I think the jury may still be out on whether changing ROM will mean getting the updates to the product code you change to. I waiting to find out myself.

dlusted

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

@Bicpug.

No. Unlocking just makes your phone open to any Network. I think the jury may still be out on whether changing ROM will mean getting the updates to the product code you change to. I waiting to find out myself.

You get updates as per product code. So, if for example; you had the CV GB ROM installed on your EE phone, you would get the CV updates and not EE variant.

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

So have there been updates to CV ROM's which the masses don't get, I mean, I thought most Nokia extras were available to all Nokia owners?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes