Contact Import without Outlook.com/Hotmail

Hornet-Wing

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi all! I recently purchased a Lumia 520 to just try the WP OS before I go and spend big bucks on a high-end device (1020 most likely). I am moving from a WinMo 6.5 device and I would like to import my contacts from my phone into the new device. However, my current hotmail/outlook.com account contacts is a mess of just email addresses and spam and I don't really want any of those on my phone for the moment or at least till I take the time to clear it all out.

My question is: Can I import contacts into my phone from a CSV without transferring any of those contacts to hotmail/outlook.com?

I noticed that there is a "Nokia Account" option but I have been unable to access the account's contacts section on the Nokia website.
Also, where does the "Transfer my Data" app store contacts?

Thanks for reading!

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Transfer my data - Pulls contacts from your old phone to your new phone via Bluetooth.

An alternate way of doing since you are playing with CSV's, import the csv to a gmail account, add that gmail to your phone and select 'sync contacts', now your csv which was uploaded to Gmail is on your phone. Now remember the phone makes a default copy of all these Gmail contacts to your microsoft/hotmail account (just wait for some time depending on your connection speed), once it is done you can remove the contact sync for your gmail and thats it.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
No. There is no CSV import method. Best way is to create a new Outlook.com account and import into there. Even the transfer app will likely store data with your primary email account (even if only saved on the phone with that identity).

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
No. There is no CSV import method. Best way is to create a new Outlook.com account and import into there. Even the transfer app will likely store data with your primary email account (even if only saved on the phone with that identity).

You missed my above post.

Hornet-Wing

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your help guys. Looks like I'll have to spend the time and clear out my hotmail contacts. If that doesn't go well I'll just create a clean non-spam email for my phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2