{Q} Win 8.1 and Ms account, how can I buy an app with my Microsoft account funds ?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

I cant figure out how to do this. I am running Windows 8.1 on my Samsung Slate 7 tablet.

I have a Credit in my Microsoft account (converted xbox points and app credit), I want to buy an app in the Windows 8 store but, I want to pay with the credit I have in my MS account. When I go into billing options, it only shows my credit card/debit card I have on file with Microsoft but, No option for selecting your Microsoft account.

So last night, I tried to get MS chat to ask this question, transfered to someone who blind transfered me to China support, then to Mexio support, then back to US and was told he could not help me. I gave up after about 45 min. What a nightmare...but, other times they were ok, so one bad thing, not too bad.

SO, how do I buy a app in the Windows 8/8.1 store with my Microsoft credits? Didn't MS say it would be used across the board ?

Is this possable right now ? Or a 8.1 bug ?

Endorsay

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

SO, how do I buy a app in the Windows 8/8.1 store with my Microsoft credits? Didn't MS say it would be used across the board ?

Is this possable right now ? Or a 8.1 bug ?

I think it is not enabled yet. I do think MS will allow you to do what you want and they will announce when ready. You will also be able to buy gift cards and enter codes in your Windows Store account, as you see in Windows 8.1.

Endorsay

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
BTW since this is wpcentral, MS also said with credits you will be able to buy from both the phone and Windows Store. Probably they will announce at Windows 8.1 launch.

Endorsay

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Can u use a PayPal account in Windows 8 Store, I know u can use it in the Win8 Phone Store

Unlikely. In a conference, Microsoft did say 8.1 will support Alipay (China), but no mention of Paypal.
For in-app purchases, a developer could implement Paypal support, so when you are in that app, you could use Paypal.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Unlikely. In a conference, Microsoft did say 8.1 will support Alipay (China), but no mention of Paypal.
For in-app purchases, a developer could implement Paypal support, so when you are in that app, you could use Paypal.

Sorry, older post but, on 8.1 under payment options it does show Paypal....did not check this on 8.0..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon