IMAP for outlook.com Sync Settings

cristianocr7

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
With the release of IMAP for Outlook.com, here is what I noticed. If I set up a second account for Outlook, it names it Outlook 2 on the Lumia. I then, now have choices to manually sync and all the other options I want for syncing such as calendar, tasks, etc....without setting up a second acct, you cannot have these choices and cannot sync manually. So, when I had sync daily, I received my emails at 2am.

Question - With the main account, it is set to sync daily, meaning, I will get emails anytime in the day? Again at 2am? Can I just un-check the sync email box and not worry about it or because this is linked to my other accounts, will I mess things up?

I am looking to either modify current setting for main account (which I cannot figure out) or do just add a second account? If I add the second account, will I use more battery drain?
Really just want the best option to set to manual syncing.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Remove the second account and set it as an IMAP account with the following settings, after setting it as an IMAP you should be able to set it to manually sync.

IMAP
Incoming IMAP mail server: imap-mail.outlook.com
Incoming IMAP mail server port: 993

cristianocr7

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Yes - I did set up a second account. Both, obviously my Outlook.com accounts. It does work and syncs as Imap.
Can I change the primary account at all? Will this drain my battery at all having 2 of the same email accounts?

I have the option to uncheck the primary to sync emails but does that interfere with the other behind the scenes stuff it does for the primary account?

cristianocr7

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks pankaj981! I will try this tonight. Just to clarify - re-setting is a viable option to ensure all setting are correct? The back up and restore is so easy, I am concerned about that and personalize everything from there.

cristianocr7

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I wanted to re-visit this as I just had a chance to try this:

I cannot change my primary account whatsoever. This annoys me because I get email going off at 2am! I added same outlook.com as second account and do have all those features.
However, I need to add a new outlook.com for my wife and I that I will use as primary moving forward. My question is given that, and if I change my Microsoft account, can I set to sync manually and have all those features?

I am looking for the best option to eliminate getting email @ 2am and I know I will for sure get another outlook.com email account.

Advice?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss