Lost all accounts under email and accounts

Erickson187

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I restarted my phone last night and was given an error message that some of my data was lost. I have had all my email accounts and other accounts completely removed from my phone.

This includes my Microsoft account linked to the phone Facebook my hotmail emails yahoo emails and even all my contacts and txt messages. I do still have my call history including the names of who it was, however if I click on one of the entries nothing happens.

All of my apps and music along with pictures appear untouched though. Even the games hub has everything including my gamertag still logged in. Other apps like SkyDrive still work and have my info still saved. I am lost at what happened and if there is a way to restore everything without a hard reset as I would hate to lose months of playtime in some of my games.

Anyone else have this problem or any ideas.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
did you check your accounts in the settings? may have just lost sync or did you change your passwords on your PC?

settings / email+accounts

Erickson187

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
did you check your accounts in the settings? may have just lost sync or did you change your passwords on your PC?

settings / email+accounts

no they are completely gone from my phone. When I go to the settings for emails and accounts it is completely empty. So all my email accounts have been deleted from the phone including the main Microsoft account which I don't even think can be deleted by me if I was under the settings myself.

When going to the settings on my other WP it only gives me an option to sync under the main Microsoft account, but gives me option to sync or delete under the other accounts set up. The main phone has had all the accounts removed which included all email accounts, Facebook, all contacts, and txt messages. Other than those it appears everything else is in fact.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
wait your using one Windows ID for more than 1 active windows phone? like both active with SIM cards? that may be the cause right there... I have mutiple devices as well but only one at a time with an active SIM. (use to be able to have 5 devices)

makes sense seeing all the features like find my phone etc needing to locate a device... try turning off find my phone and location on your devices

Last edited:

Erickson187

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
wait your using one Windows ID for more than 1 active windows phone? like both active with SIM cards? that may be the cause right there... I have mutiple devices as well but only one at a time with an active SIM. (use to be able to have 5 devices)

makes sense seeing all the features like find my phone etc needing to locate a device... try turning off find my phone and location on your devices

I have my account linked in two phones, however one of them does not have a SIM card installed and is a WP7 if it makes any difference. I have had them both for a while with no issue prior

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
That shouldn't make a difference having more than one phone sharing the same Microsoft account.

I would do a hard reset and that should fix it. Or you can try to add your emails again. Hard reset is my best bet.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Didn't say it would using the same ID would cause I problem (you can have the same ID on 5 devices and said I have multiple wp devices with the same ID) asked if both devices are using the same ID and both with active SIM cards with "find my device set on both" which would make sense if.

just basic troubleshooting questions and curious

Last edited:

alexcn

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I had this exact same problem tonight, turned my phone on to see a message about some storage error / data lost and I would have to add all my email accounts again. All the accounts have disappeared, the tiles, the whole goddamn LOT!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon