My concept UI for WP

brunoadduarte

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, so this is mainly a rip-off from the Swipe UI from the Nokia N9 with the added bonus of an Android-like Notification Centre:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The basic layout:

The UI functions mostly through swipes. When on the Start Screen, a swipe from the edge at each side will bring up the respective screen (left inwards - Not. Centre, right inwards - Multitasking screen). When on an app, a downward swipe from the edge at the top will close the app, one from the sides will "minimize" it and bring up the screen we were on before (Start, Notification or Multitasking).

The Start Screen:

This is mostly as it is right now with some extras. There are folder tiles which can have all three sizes and the Start Screen is paginated upward and downward. The full app list is gone and a local and internet search function would be added to the hardware search button. The volume bar is still hidden at the top, but it only controls the ring-tone. Tapping on the bar brings up more controls. The volume can be controlled separately as we go along using the phone. If you're playing a game (no headset) and use the volume rocker the affected volume would be the media volume through the loudspeaker only. If you're playing with a headset, the affected volume would be the media volume through the headset only as well.

The Notification Centre:

The part that is an Android rip-off. There's a toggle bar for bluetooth, data, wifi and GPS. The Bluetooth and GPS ones are simple on/off toggles. The data toggle cycles through connection speeds with various taps. Long presses will turn off or turn back on for the last connection speed used. As for the wi-fi toggle it cycles through off, sleep when the screen is off or always on. The data toggle can be colour coded or have the code for each speed (2G/3G/4G) and the wifi toggle is colour coded.

As for notifications, we all know the drill. If the app supports it, the notification goes there. When a notification has more than one item, tapping on that notification opens the details. Say we get three or four texts... Tapping on the notification shows, for example, the sender and, optionally, a part of the text. When on single items the amount of details can be increased or decreased in the Settings (show sender only, show sender and part of the message, for example). The notification disappears when all items have been checked. Optionally, you can swipe each notification to a side and delete it.

The multitasking window:

All open apps are here. Tapping an app brings it up. Long press on an app brings up a close button on every app. A "close all" button also shows up on the bottom of the screen. And tapping on the empty space between apps hides those buttons.

General notes and features:

- System sounds volume is separated from the ring tone volume (it's annoying to tap the phone keypad right now when the ring tone volume is high);
- Smart dialling introduced;
- 4x3 keyboard with T9 support in the messages hub;
- Option to password protect sections or even notebooks in Onenote;
- Equalizer relocated to the Music and Videos hub;
- Hardware camera button no longer mandatory;
- Full colour swatch to chose tile colours;
- More colours for the background and option to use images

There's some stuff I'm forgetting right now, but I'll edit the post as soon as I remember them.

Last edited:

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Is that Gaben profile picture in your concept? Does that mean that... Left 4 dead 3 confirmed..?

Last edited:

anon(5789608)

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
My concept.

barerada.jpg

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

No offense, but eeek. Is that supposed to be an iOS 7 copy?

I don't understand why people insist on background images and pictured tiles. It completely defeats the purpose of Windows Phone and the start screen.

Has anyone read the in depth article Microsoft posted on their design decisions for WP and now Windows? There are significant reasons behind the design and principles of the Ul.

The operating system is a tool for you to access information, not a cork board for your favorite photos.

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
No offense, but eeek. Is that supposed to be an iOS 7 copy?

I don't understand why people insist on background images and pictured tiles. It completely defeats the purpose of Windows Phone and the start screen.

Has anyone read the in depth article Microsoft posted on their design decisions for WP and now Windows? There are significant reasons behind the design and principles of the Ul.

The operating system is a tool for you to access information, not a cork board for your favorite photos.

I agree, the background (free space) is too small. Windows 8.1 home screen is really nice with a background image, but it has more background space:

windows81handson1_1020_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpg

Sansar Maske

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Very good concept bro. :)
Yeah, so this is mainly a rip-off from the Swipe UI from the Nokia N9 with the added bonus of an Android-like Notification Centre:

[url]http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/2393/o39z.jpg[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The basic layout:

The UI functions mostly through swipes. When on the Start Screen, a swipe from the edge at each side will bring up the respective screen (left inwards - Not. Centre, right inwards - Multitasking screen). When on an app, a downward swipe from the edge at the top will close the app, one from the sides will "minimize" it and bring up the screen we were on before (Start, Notification or Multitasking).

The Start Screen:

This is mostly as it is right now with some extras. There are folder tiles which can have all three sizes and the Start Screen is paginated upward and downward. The full app list is gone and a local and internet search function would be added to the hardware search button. The volume bar is still hidden at the top, but it only controls the ring-tone. Tapping on the bar brings up more controls. The volume can be controlled separately as we go along using the phone. If you're playing a game (no headset) and use the volume rocker the affected volume would be the media volume through the loudspeaker only. If you're playing with a headset, the affected volume would be the media volume through the headset only as well.

The Notification Centre:

The part that is an Android rip-off. There's a toggle bar for bluetooth, data, wifi and GPS. The Bluetooth and GPS ones are simple on/off toggles. The data toggle cycles through connection speeds with various taps. Long presses will turn off or turn back on for the last connection speed used. As for the wi-fi toggle it cycles through off, sleep when the screen is off or always on. The data toggle can be colour coded or have the code for each speed (2G/3G/4G) and the wifi toggle is colour coded.

As for notifications, we all know the drill. If the app supports it, the notification goes there. When a notification has more than one item, tapping on that notification opens the details. Say we get three or four texts... Tapping on the notification shows, for example, the sender and, optionally, a part of the text. When on single items the amount of details can be increased or decreased in the Settings (show sender only, show sender and part of the message, for example). The notification disappears when all items have been checked. Optionally, you can swipe each notification to a side and delete it.

The multitasking window:

All open apps are here. Tapping an app brings it up. Long press on an app brings up a close button on every app. A "close all" button also shows up on the bottom of the screen. And tapping on the empty space between apps hides those buttons.

General notes and features:

- System sounds volume is separated from the ring tone volume (it's annoying to tap the phone keypad right now when the ring tone volume is high);
- Smart dialling introduced;
- 4x3 keyboard with T9 support in the messages hub;
- Option to password protect sections or even notebooks in Onenote;
- Equalizer relocated to the Music and Videos hub;
- Hardware camera button no longer mandatory;
- Full colour swatch to chose tile colours;
- More colours for the background and option to use images

There's some stuff I'm forgetting right now, but I'll edit the post as soon as I remember them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes