Notification Center Mock-Up

wtf_aleks

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, here's a really quick mock-up of a notification center idea I think would mesh well into the Windows Phone experience.

Notification Center.png
As you can see, the notification center will live above the app list. Apps that have had notifications will jump above the alphabetical list and have the number of notifications to the left. The total number of notifications appear in the top status bar (instead of that asterisk I've seen in some leaked images).

Notification Center Open.png
If you tap the number of notifications to the left of the app, a list of those notifications appear below that app. You can tap on them individually for quick access to whatever that notification says (e.g. open to a specific conversation in the Facebook app), or swipe them away.

Let me know what you guys think!

Last edited:

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
This! This is an awesome idea! I always knew there was a way that fit with Windows Phone and you found it! Thank you so much! And maybe double tapping the home button will take us straight there too!

wtf_aleks

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
And maybe double tapping the home button will take us straight there too!

Thanks! That would be pretty cool. I was trying to think of a way that you could easily get to it. I still think people would want it to come down from some kind of notification center, pretty identical to iOS and Android (unfortunately). Maybe if you swipe down from the top of the screen twice (the first shows the status bar), it would show a sort of mini-feed of the notifications. Like just the number of notifications + the app's icon. Just a thought.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb