Question about wp7 to wp8

YouKnowMe5357

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I'm new to the forum.
right now I'm a lumia 800 owner but I'm planing to switch to a better phone like the lumia 925. I have purchased a lot of games and apps, when I'm "switch" do I have to repurchase the apps\games??
thanks in advice ;)

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I'm new to the forum.
right now I'm a lumia 800 owner but I'm planing to switch to a better phone like the lumia 925. I have purchased a lot of games and apps, when I'm "switch" do I have to repurchase the apps\games??
thanks in advice ;)

No lol that would be ridiculous, the games are tied to your MS account so you can just redownload them on your new phone

YouKnowMe5357

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
First of all thanks, but look at original angry birds or fruit ninja on wp7 they are non xbox live but on wp8 yes, so this mean two different version or even games ( fruit ninja ) and there may be a lot more like these.
Ps. Sorry for my poor English I'm Italian.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
First of all thanks, but look at original angry birds or fruit ninja on wp7 they are non xbox live but on wp8 yes, so this mean two different version or even games ( fruit ninja ) and there may be a lot more like these.
Ps. Sorry for my poor English I'm Italian.

That's a very good point, I think you are right which kinda sucks...

Ps. I don't care about your English because I'm Dutch xD

f88

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I moved from a Lumia 800 to a 920 this past summer, and some apps won't be compatible with WP8 (my WP7 Angry Birds was one of them, and that was heartbreaking since I triple-starred sooo many levels) but I'm afraid I can't be of more help than that. The only way I knew which were and were not available was when I saw my list of purchased apps, and then seeing the message "this app is not available for your device" instead of a download button.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I moved from a Lumia 800 to a 920 this past summer, and some apps won't be compatible with WP8 (my WP7 Angry Birds was one of them, and that was heartbreaking since I triple-starred sooo many levels) but I'm afraid I can't be of more help than that. The only way I knew which were and were not available was when I saw my list of purchased apps, and then seeing the message "this app is not available for your device" instead of a download button.

It doesn't matter if you triple starred everything because you lose all your game save data anyway when you switch phones

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire