Windows Phone disabled for 137 853 minutes...

Guillaume Lambert

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi wpcentral community,

I currently facing a very annoying problem.
Few minutes ago, I tried several wrong passwords combinations on the unlock screen.
So, in a result, my Lumia 925 has been disabled for a minute (after 5 wrong combinations).
One minute later, I tried another wrong combination (don't ask me why, I typed numbers so mechanically), and my phone has been disabled for 2 minutes this time (1 min, then 2, 4, 8, .... geek stuff :grin:).
So I decided to shut down my phone and turn it on again.
But surprise here, the date has changed !!
Actually, we were October 23rd 2013, and then my phone's date moved to July 20th, so mysteriously...

hellphone.png

Phone's disabled, try again in 137853 minutes (and see how sad I am :unhappysweat:) !
So now, as you can see, my phone is locked and disabled for a long long time (until October 23rd in fact).

So I'm wondering about this issue, if there is any solution (get back to the right date for example) avoiding me to hard reset the phone (and reconfigure all applications and parameters...)

Thanks for reading this special situation, and hopefully for your help.

Regards

Guillaume (from France)
Ex-Happy Nokia Lumia 925 user (and still be indeed)
:winktongue:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
aw man that really is harsh and what other peeps said maybe hard reset? even though I bet there is another way to unlock it :angel:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
oh man I've seen similar glitches on a couple iPod touches where it was disabled for the minute equivalent of a few decades. (I jest you not)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720