WiFi issues with Amber Update

windev

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I have been experiencing this issue where I get disconnected to wifi since Amber update. This is so frustrating as I have to disconnect and connect to the wifi time and again, manually.

Is anyone experiencing the same?

I hope this gets fixed on Lumia Black.

sumothong01

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I had an issue with WiFi dropping but it turned out that my AT&T uverse control unit was going bad. They replaced it and haven't had a problem since.

thinkdan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I have been experiencing this issue where I get disconnected to wifi since Amber update. This is so frustrating as I have to disconnect and connect to the wifi time and again, manually.

Is anyone experiencing the same?

I hope this gets fixed on Lumia Black.

What phone do you have?

jeffmparker

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Same here with my L920. Since the Amber update, my phone won't automatically connect to wifi networks it has previously connected to, and every now and then disconnects for no apparent reason. I've found that I need to attempt to connect, click OK on the error message, turn off wifi, turn it on and then the phone connects automatically.... most of the time, but not always. It is a real pain that this happens.

jeffmparker

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Check the WiFi settings under wifi> advanced. Allow WiFi to run under lock screen
Yes, that is and was set. The problem started for me after upgrading to Amber. I hope Nokia is aware of this issue. There seem to be lots of people complaining about it in this forum.

vaxl

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem just recently even though I had Amber for much longer. Tracking it back, it appears that it is related to bluetooth. Try turning off bluetooth and see if the problem goes away...

I have Lumia 521, btw.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital