Samsung Ativ S or Nokia Lumia 925

tatay ni inigo

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys!

I currently have this dilemma of which of these two phones to choose, a Samsung Ativ S (US $ 301) or a Nokia Lumia 925 (US $ 428). Both phones are unlocked.
Hope anybody can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys!

I currently have this dilemma of which of these two phones to choose, a Samsung Ativ S (US $ 301) or a Nokia Lumia 925 (US $ 428). Both phones are unlocked.
Hope anybody can help me.

Thanks in advance.

If price and storage (the Ativ has an SD slot, the Lumia doesn't) isn't an issue, definitely go for the Lumia 925. The camera is better for sure and Nokia really cares about Windows Phones. You'll get just a much improved software. Samsung couldn't care less about Microsoft or Windows Phone, they make billions with Android.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Being a Nokia user I would recommend the 925 simply because Nokia provides some excellent software for free being a flagship phone and will continue to support the product for at least the next little while. We can't tell what Samsung is going to do.

The camera and camera software is excellent on the Nokias. The HERE location software is excellent and since you're getting a 9xx series phone it's free worldwide maps. Then there's the Nokia exclusive apps. The apps that come first to Nokia before other Windows phones.

Up to you of course. :)

aafa

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
ATIV S for it's nice slim body and big *** display (4.8") with minimal useless void space around the actual display (especially on the bottom). I've had the ATIV since day one and no regrets. nokia does provide good support for their phones, but they always released their main ones to all WPs (HERE maps, drive). Samsung shows less enthusiasm, but does have their own exclusive apps. it may not have the flash colour of nokia phones but if you like the "professional" look, youll enjoy it.

my opinion.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well for starter, the 925 is half a gen in front of the Ativ.
The plus are better screen, better cam, and all Nokia apps and features.
The equals are physical dimensions, the "pro looking"
Debatable are the screen size at 4.5" vs 4.8" but you get higher contrast and ppi, a worse front facing camera at 1.2mp vs 1.9mp, a tad smaller battery at 2000mhA vs 2300mhA, price obviously.
Deal breakers are missing mSD support, 16GB only unless you are with Vodafone.

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I love the screen and excellent battery life of my ATIV S, but I'd love to have a 925 for the camera and Nokia's camera app.

If the camera isn't a primary focus for you, you may like ATIV better. Once with an ATIV, the lumia 920/925 screen will feel too small.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon