WP grows 178% YoY; Fastest growing OS; Nokia Lumia is the key

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Strategy Analytics points out that for the first time, there has been over 10M WP devices shipped in one quarter. doubling the marketshare from 2.1 to 4.1% year on year. According to their findings, this shows 178% growth year on year making it the world’s fastest growing major smartphone OS.

image66.png

image67.png

While ABI Research reports that Nokia accounts for 95% of all WP devices shipped.

Source: Strategy Analytics & ABI Research

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
So we ate marketshare from Blackberry and Apple? - Freaking awesome! :D

ps: this is why one shouldn't name their phones like fruits. They will rot one day or they will be eaten. ;)

Worst word of 2012....

I thought Tabons was a good word but then reminded me of tampons :p

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
No... Just call them phones. If you need an adjective, call them big phones. But phablets hurts me every time I see it. I mean, physically gives me a sharp pain in the center of my brain.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
What happened to the Nokia Survey in which they asked people what would they like to call big phones. Does anyone remember it?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
178% growth is certainly an impressive number. But, you can take pretty much any statistic and make it look good. Remember when Apple show a cumulative sales chart for iPhone so the decline in sales wouldn't be apparent? Small numbers make any increase look great percentage wise.

Look at it this way:

WP's Increase YoY
1. Market share: 2%
2. Sales: 6.5 million

Android's Increase YoY
1. Market share: 6.3%
2. Sales: 74.8 million

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
The problem with most of those numbers are WP seems to have eaten Symbian, we'll have to see how it does once it's just going against FruitPhone and Android. At least we still have BlackBerry to get sales from.

Divair

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
ron-paul.gif

No, but seriously. 2013 is quite a huge year for Windows Phone. The really big twist is that the OS is finally becoming accepted as an alternative to Android and iOS in the US. It's all about the mind-set. Once that is done changing, WP market-share will skyrocket.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 48523

No, but seriously. 2013 is quite a huge year for Windows Phone. The really big twist is that the OS is finally becoming accepted as an alternative to Android and iOS in the US. It's all about the mind-set. Once that is done changing, WP market-share will skyrocket.

damnit that gif is so overused ... verge comments are filled with this stupid gif too

I give into that stupidity by quoting the above comment :p

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
After living through the demise of WebOS with my Palm Pre Plus in my hand, I did not want to be forced to Android or iOS. If I ever choose to go, fine- but not forced to. As I am worried for BB10 as a mass consumer device, the market place NEEDS WP.

Lets hope for another 178% in 2014.....

psudotechzealot

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Strategy Analytics points out that for the first time, there has been over 10M WP devices shipped in one quarter. doubling the marketshare from 2.1 to 4.1% year on year. According to their findings, this shows 178% growth year on year making it the world’s fastest growing major smartphone OS.

View attachment 48471

View attachment 48473

While ABI Research reports that Nokia accounts for 95% of all WP devices shipped.

Source: Strategy Analytics & ABI Research

1379165877341.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon