I for one didn't know about this feature guys. Check it out: I'm at a different work site today and needing access to their WiFi I asked and got their password. I entered into my Lumia 822 just to make sure it works. It works fine, so now I turn on my HP Envy x2 and get ready to enter the password to access the network and notice that it is already connected to it. I know passwords and EI favorites sync across Windows8.1 devices, but when did they add WP8 to the mix?
    MDak280, Gergolos and xandros9 like this.
    11-03-2013 09:21 AM
    didn't know about this, i'm going to try it now I bet it wont work lol
    11-03-2013 10:10 AM
    With 8.1, it all became awesome sauce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-03-2013 10:11 AM
    Very cool. I have to try this..
    11-03-2013 10:16 AM
    With 8.1, it all became awesome sauce.
    Unfortunately it didn't all become awesome sauce because you can no longer forget WiFi networks in 8.1 so I am unable to forget my current network to try this out
    Nabkawe5 likes this.
    11-03-2013 10:26 AM
    Unfortunately it didn't all become awesome sauce because you can no longer forget WiFi networks in 8.1 so I am unable to forget my current network to try this out
    Ok, I didn't know that you couldn't forget networks on 8.1, could you do it on 8.0? Sounds like a no brainer to have this option. Of course is easily done on WP8, I just checked.
    11-03-2013 12:32 PM
    Ok, I didn't know that you couldn't forget networks on 8.1, could you do it on 8.0? Sounds like a no brainer to have this option. Of course is easily done on WP8, I just checked.
    You can still forget networks - Microsoft just changed how you have to do it. 😉

Here's an excellent article that explains the steps:

http://www.7tutorials.com/how-delete...les-windows-81
    11-03-2013 12:59 PM
    You can still forget networks - Microsoft just changed how you have to do it. 😉

http://www.7tutorials.com/how-delete...les-windows-81
    thanks for that.
    11-03-2013 02:47 PM
    I discovered this some weeks ago with my Surface. I never put the company wifi password in my Surface but it is in my Lumia 920. I heard a notification sound on my tablet and when I investigated, I had new mail. I wondered how that was possible since this is the first day in my office with the Surface. Low and behold, I was connected to the company internal wifi. I was pleased, mainly because our internal is a pain to type in, but here I didn't have to do it.
    Blkacesvf41 likes this.
    11-03-2013 04:12 PM
    You can still forget networks - Microsoft just changed how you have to do it. ��

How to Delete or Forget Wireless Network Profiles in Windows 8.1
    Not an acceptable way though, no average user would be happy using command prompt and they should have left the forget this network in as it is a vital function to have
    nohra likes this.
    11-03-2013 05:54 PM
    So is this thing syncing with WP8 and Windows 8.1 for anyone other than OP?
    11-04-2013 07:47 AM
    So is this thing syncing with WP8 and Windows 8.1 for anyone other than OP?
    It looks like it worked for Jazmac too.
    11-04-2013 01:13 PM
    Nice! Now we need tab syncing which will be coming in 8.1!
    11-04-2013 01:52 PM
    Not an acceptable way though, no average user would be happy using command prompt and they should have left the forget this network in as it is a vital function to have
    Indeed, I don't have an Win 8 or 8.1 Machine to test and can no longer run the preview in vmware to check as I had always bridged it, but I'm sure you could "forget" a network by accessing manage wireless networks via control panel and deleting them? Not sure if that would work on Win 8 / 8.1 rt either lol.
    11-04-2013 02:28 PM
    Surprising to see so many workplaces don't use MAC filtering.

But good feature nonetheless!
    11-04-2013 04:52 PM

Most companies don't need granular level filtering as it would keep us busy in the new BYOD world with so many cheaply made android devices around. Security firms, banks, government offices etc, it is expected where extra security is warranted.
    11-05-2013 08:47 AM
    What gives? I tried this on a brand new network today and it didn't work! 😞
    11-09-2013 12:36 PM

My company uses MAC filtering for access to the APs that connect to our business network, but we also have external only WiFi that you only need the password for as it only gets you external Internet access and no internal resource access.
    11-09-2013 01:42 PM
    What gives? I tried this on a brand new network today and it didn't work! ��
    I'm a bit confused about how it worked for the OP. Did the second device already have a network connection? If not, how did the login details get from the first device to the second?

Also, can this feature be turned off? It could be useful in some situations, but very annoying in others. For example, many offices have "business" and "public" wifi networks. Company devices connect to the first, personal devices to the second. I do not want all devices connecting to the same networks.
    11-10-2013 07:33 AM
    Have you read carefully? Command prompt is NOT the only method presented there.
    11-10-2013 08:12 AM
    I'm a bit confused about how it worked for the OP. Did the second device already have a network connection? If not, how did the login details get from the first device to the second?

Also, can this feature be turned off? It could be useful in some situations, but very annoying in others. For example, many offices have "business" and "public" wifi networks. Company devices connect to the first, personal devices to the second. I do not want all devices connecting to the same networks.
    Yes, this same question ran through my head right away. Since it didn't work on that new unknown network yesterday here's what I'm thinking: Perhaps that first time I used internet sharing with my Lumia 822 after I already had those login details and I don't remember doing it and that's how the details got from the 822 to the Envy x2. I'm gonna keep trying it every time I come across a new network and see what happens.
    11-10-2013 09:08 AM