Rooms participants not listed

rick729

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if this has been covered, I'm new to Windows Phone (convert from iPhone and really loving the interface!). I would like to add my wife's iPhone to my Family Room. I send her an invitation via text message?accepted?log in to my Microsoft account (2 step verification, unique password generated and accepted)?welcome screen on her phone to the Family. Afterwards (all seemed to work), she is still not listed on my Family Room. What am I doing wrong? Thx

Rick

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
It wont work you have to have 2 Windows 8 devices for it to work. Rooms is not a cross platform feature.

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
It wont work you have to have 2 Windows 8 devices for it to work. Rooms is not a cross platform feature.

Yes, but even iPhone users should still appear in the Room, only they won't have group messaging and photo sharing, but rather they'd only have shared calendar and notes through OneNote.

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
You don't get her iPhone to show in the room, your wife as a contact will.

From the start:

On your phone, you must have her primary outlook email in her contact card.
You invite her to the room, so this will send a text with verification link.
She receives the text, opens the link and it will take her to a login page.
She must login with her primary outlook account, the one that is the same saved on your phone.
After this, it may take a while to sync on servers, but if you're keen you can sync your outlook mail continuously until she shows in the room.

The key here is the outlook email address. That's what the room uses to share everything, so if she wants to see the shared calendar and notes on her iPhone, she must add that outlook account and sign in with that same account in OneNote.

rick729

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Thx, I was able to get it to work. She ends up in my room with a shared calendar in Outlook.com. However, although I add a shared entry in my calendar app (and it ends up on her iPhone), it doesn't show up in the calendar section of the room. Should it? Also, I am curious about the comment above "You can still message her from your Room too. All she need is Skype."…please explain. Finally, are notes shared (it didn't appear so)? Thx Rick

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
That's good. Yes, calendar events should show up in the room. Notes are shared too, although I don't know why this isn't listed in the official website guide, but anyway just like I said, if she logs in to OneNote on her iPhone using the same credentials, the notes should be under "Shared" with whatever the name of the room. And just like msjunkie said, messaging can be possible if your wife merges her Skype with her outlook account (or if she doesn't have Skype yet, it's better to login with a MS account).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2