Playstation 4 Official App Petition

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It's pretty doubtful Sony will release an app (or Microsoft will approve it), since the PS4 and Xbox One are competitors.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I doubt it's that alone. Microsoft's phone business and Sony's gaming business are not competitors. It's like Sony not using Windows in their PCs at all, which I HIGHLY doubt.

While it might have a hint of competition in it too, it's likely just about market share. Sony as a Company is pretty deeply ****ed with financials, so it doesn't surprise me that they don't use resources on something that doesnt have a 2 digit worldwide market share. Sony doesnt compete with Blackberry (well, their phone business does), but they didn't make an app for that either and the answer to this is also a lot likely in marketshare than anything else.

robamacaf

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I know I am the majority here, I would like a PS4 app on WP8 but I can't sign a petition when the first line is: "Just because you're mobile platform of choice is a Windows Phone"
These petitions usually get sent to the proper people once they reach the required amount of signatures and it is hard to think that any company will treat something with much care when it looks like it's written by an 8 year old.

scield

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I just signed it. I was about to post it in here before I found this thread. Microsoft released their app and XBL games on iOS and Android so I'm hoping there is a possibility for Sony to release it on WP8

WPBlox1989

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I agree with you Coreldan. If Microsoft and Sony are competitors in the mobile and gaming businesses respectively, Sony will never use Windows on their computers, they will use Linux instead since their phones use Android which is a Linux-based OS.

Hoekie

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I agree with you Coreldan. If Microsoft and Sony are competitors in the mobile and gaming businesses respectively, Sony will never use Windows on their computers, they will use Linux instead since their phones use Android which is a Linux-based OS.
Huh? Sony sells lots of computers/laptops with Windows. Go check out Vaio laptops for example

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
That wasn't quite what I was saying :p I'm pretty sure Sony uses a lot more Windows than they use Linux on their PCs. Simply cos it would make no sense to use such a gimped OS over a superior one :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon