Hi guys

There is a petition going on for Sony to create an official PS4 app for Windows Phone.

Please make sure you participate: http://www.change.org/petitions/sony...-windows-phone

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Ricardo Correia; 11-12-2013 at 05:15 PM.
    11-12-2013 05:04 PM
    It's pretty doubtful Sony will release an app (or Microsoft will approve it), since the PS4 and Xbox One are competitors.
    11-13-2013 01:25 AM
    bit naive call, i agree :)
    11-13-2013 04:29 AM
    I doubt it's that alone. Microsoft's phone business and Sony's gaming business are not competitors. It's like Sony not using Windows in their PCs at all, which I HIGHLY doubt.

While it might have a hint of competition in it too, it's likely just about market share. Sony as a Company is pretty deeply ****ed with financials, so it doesn't surprise me that they don't use resources on something that doesnt have a 2 digit worldwide market share. Sony doesnt compete with Blackberry (well, their phone business does), but they didn't make an app for that either and the answer to this is also a lot likely in marketshare than anything else.
    11-13-2013 04:47 AM
    I know I am the majority here, I would like a PS4 app on WP8 but I can't sign a petition when the first line is: "Just because you're mobile platform of choice is a Windows Phone"
    These petitions usually get sent to the proper people once they reach the required amount of signatures and it is hard to think that any company will treat something with much care when it looks like it's written by an 8 year old.

leo74 likes this.
    11-13-2013 12:23 PM
    I just signed it. I was about to post it in here before I found this thread. Microsoft released their app and XBL games on iOS and Android so I'm hoping there is a possibility for Sony to release it on WP8
    11-14-2013 07:12 AM
    I agree with you Coreldan. If Microsoft and Sony are competitors in the mobile and gaming businesses respectively, Sony will never use Windows on their computers, they will use Linux instead since their phones use Android which is a Linux-based OS.
    11-21-2013 08:55 PM
    I agree with you Coreldan. If Microsoft and Sony are competitors in the mobile and gaming businesses respectively, Sony will never use Windows on their computers, they will use Linux instead since their phones use Android which is a Linux-based OS.
    Huh? Sony sells lots of computers/laptops with Windows. Go check out Vaio laptops for example
    11-26-2013 10:16 AM
    That wasn't quite what I was saying :P I'm pretty sure Sony uses a lot more Windows than they use Linux on their PCs. Simply cos it would make no sense to use such a gimped OS over a superior one :D
    11-26-2013 11:00 AM