With WP8 Internet Explorer, Vine and Instagram Videos don't work at all and neither do Twitter Pics

Erik Walther

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure why no one has posted about this. I kind of doubt I'm the only one with this problem. I have a Lumia 928 and my friend has a Lumia 920. Clearly it's not unique to Verizon since he's on AT&T and has the same problem. When viewing pictures on Twitter through Internet Explorer (Mobile Version), there's just a black line where the picture should be. If I switch to desktop mode with Internet Explorer, I can then view the picture

Then when trying to view Vine or Instagram videos, I can't view videos at all, whether it's with the mobile or desktop version of Internet Explorer. It shows a screenshot of the video with the play button like it normally does. But when I tap it to play it highlights like it normally would, and then nothing happens. Same thing whether using the mobile or desktop version.

I feel like this has been an issue since GDR2 came out. I tried tweeting at Windows Phone Support about it, but they acted like they had no clue what I was talking about. This is super lame, because I get all my important tweets through direct text messages cause I rarely use the actual app. And when you get tweets through text messages, anytime there is a link to a picture or video it automatically takes you to Internet Explorer.

Anyone else with this issue? It can't just be me and my friend on two different networks with two different Lumias.

Ezhik

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone doesn't let you play videos inside of web pages - it can only open the video separately. That's probably why it isn't working.

Erik Walther

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
That's not true because I used to be able to view vines on Internet Explorer. Now I can't. Regardless, my biggest issue is the Twitter pictures that aren't viewable on the mobile version of Internet Explorer. They used to be. Now they aren't. At all.

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I can't view Twitter pictures in IE either, it just shows an empty box. But I've always had that problem on my 920 since I got it a year ago.

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Just tried an Instagram and Vine video. Both worked. They open in the video player rather than embedded in the browser.

Erik Walther

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Vine's use to play through the video player. I would tap the vine (picture of the vine with a play button), and it would then open the vine in the video player. But now I just tap the play button and nothing happens.

I tried these same issues on my brother's Lumia 822 and it doesn't work either. So it's not just a 92x issue.

Who on Earth do we contact about this to get it fixed? Windows Phone support? Nokia?

caesar500

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issues on my 1020 with Vine videos. There's the user voice site, but I doubt its effectiveness. Maybe contact Microsoft since it appears to be a software issue.

Erik Walther

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I will do that and let y'all know what I figure out. So far only people w/ a Lumia have posted here about having the issue. Any other WP8's having these issues?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes