Interesting Samsung patent

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I think it might be awkward to have to turn my phone in different directions to see stuff on the sides. I guess I'll have to see a finished product to know if it would be useful or awkward.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I think it might be awkward to have to turn my phone in different directions to see stuff on the sides. I guess I'll have to see a finished product to know if it would be useful or awkward.

It appears to be at an angle that is still easily seen without having to do that much.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
screen on the side .... umm one drop, it is done for.

Your assuming the rest of the phone is designed in a way that the screen on the angled side is easily hit. Try to look at the general uses right now. Obviously there isnt an actually phone designed yet.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Your assuming the rest of the phone is designed in a way that the screen on the angled side is easily hit. Try to look at the general uses right now. Obviously there isnt an actually phone designed yet.
How would one use a case on that type of device? If the sides are exposed the protection of something like an Otterbox wouldn't be possible.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
How would one use a case on that type of device? If the sides are exposed the protection of something like an Otterbox wouldn't be possible.

Valid question but I think it misses the point of the patent. This isnt to show a final design of an actual phone but a possible new element on a future phone.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
So I saw this over at the Verge: Samsung makes the case for 'bended' phones in latest patent application | The Verge

Basically the screen bends around the side and puts some of the menu/bookmark/notification/etc. on the side to keep the front cleaner. I personally really like the idea. What do you think?

They will patient the cheeseburger if possible. The only positive for doing so is suing profitable companies (Microsoft -> Android oems) for royalties or blocking (apple -> Samsung/whoever) sales of services they cannot complete with.

The patent system is still broken.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
They will patient the cheeseburger if possible. The only positive for doing so is suing profitable companies (Microsoft -> Android oems) for royalties or blocking (apple -> Samsung/whoever) sales of services they cannot complete with.

The patent system is still broken.

What you said has zero to do with the topic. Topic isnt about the patent system in general.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes