Best Podcasts app for Windows 8.1

SocalTouch

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
Guys,

I just bought a Dell Venue 8 Pro (32GB) and love the device but looks like MS left one big hole in the Windows 8.1modern interface - Podcasts. I saw just one app in store and it did not have great reviews either. What do you guys use for managing/listening to your podcasts on Windows 8.1?

Thanks in advance!

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Guys,

I just bought a Dell Venue 8 Pro (32GB) and love the device but looks like MS left one big hole in the Windows 8.1modern interface - Podcasts. I saw just one app in store and it did not have great reviews either. What do you guys use for managing/listening to your podcasts on Windows 8.1?

Thanks in advance!

I'm a big podcast fan also. I do not have a pro and therefor, don't know what is offered in the way of podcast apps. Yet, on my phone I have fun into the same problem and was forced to use xbox music app. It works, but not as well as I would like.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It's all crap right now. PODCASTS! will stop audio if you navigate away from the episode page. This is horrible this app. Microsoft should just bite the bullet and make a kick-*** Podcast app.

Basically not having a great podcast app is a deal-breaker for buying a Windows tablet right now.

Last edited:

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I've pretty much given up on a dedicated Win8.1 podcast app until there is a port of either Podcast Lounge or Bringcast (both are excellent Windows Phone apps). In the interim I've limited my DV8P podcast consumption to shows that are available on YouTube. I've subscribed to all of the TWiT shows I like as well as a few others like What the Tech, and then watch them using Hyper for YouTube. If you're willing to put in a little more effort there are plenty of desktop podcatchers.

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Guys,

Thanks in advance!
I use podscout - it has the following features:
•optimized for Windows 8.1
•search podcasts through iTunes and gPodder
•manage Subscriptions and easily browse through Episodes
•adjust Settings for each Subscription
•step through Chapters if local media or podcast feed supports it
•read Shownotes in web view if podcast feed supports it
•use background audio playback capability
•play to other devices (DLNA)
•watch videos on full screen
•backup and restore the Subscription database with SkyDrive
•share Subscriptions and Episodes through the Windows charms bar
•use sleep timer to automatically pause the playback

For ?3.49, its the best podcast app I've used on any platform.

touchthatpad106

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
I've pretty much given up on a dedicated Win8.1 podcast app. If you're willing to put in a little more effort there are plenty of desktop podcatchers.
That's how I feel. I was using Play Look & Listen, but it erased all of my feeds for a 2nd time and I'm done with it now. It had a lot of issues anyways, but it had everything I needed for a podcast app. What are some of the desktop podcatching apps that are good? On my android phone I use Pocketcasts and love it.

axllebeer

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I'm fine with a desktop interface. That's why I have this full windows tablet. :)

I've pretty much given up on a dedicated Win8.1 podcast app until there is a port of either Podcast Lounge or Bringcast (both are excellent Windows Phone apps). In the interim I've limited my DV8P podcast consumption to shows that are available on YouTube. I've subscribed to all of the TWiT shows I like as well as a few others like What the Tech, and then watch them using Hyper for YouTube. If you're willing to put in a little more effort there are plenty of desktop podcatchers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes