non xbox titles -the other side thought

Dhaval Thakur

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Its observed that not u all but me too are dissapointed that few games which had to be xbl ,didnt lived up to our expectations but guys give a thought WP is getting all games in its bag right? If we get max. Games that are already launched on other OS, we wud not be lack of good games n next year we wud get many titles. Publishers are keen to put their apps on the store n as u all knw xbl certification is pain in the a** . So what I think is just let the games coming .. P.S I too felt bad for asphalt and dungeon hunter and maybe if tp2 is also non xbl then I wud be out of control lol :)

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I think it all depends on users. A lot of people have Xbox, and they'd like the achievements. However, someone who has PS or is a PC gamer, or someone who formerly used iPhone/Android probably has less interest in Xbox achievements.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
This is up to MS to give or not XBL label. I know it as I am developer for WP and already contacted once MS team about it. No one can get this status easily!
I really hope that all developers someday just ignored MS XBL status , even if MS will ask them to put it.
Lets MS sits with their xbl without good games.

Just look to Apple. Any games have access to Game Center. Its a good place to keep all your achievements in one place. Why MS decided to kill their own GC alternative is out of my mind.

polomint

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have a link to a page explaining what you have to do to get xbl status. Or a link showing the hoops you have to go to yo get that status....

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Q: I just want Xbox LIVE in my game. How do I do that?

A: At this time, Xbox LIVE services are only available to a specific list of publishing partners. Microsoft Studios is one publisher for Windows Phone. If you do not work with Microsoft Studios, you may work with any of the other approved publishing partners. Microsoft Studios does not manage the Xbox LIVE platform or services.

It's in here:
Developer FAQs - Xbox.com

Funny thing is, Gameloft is an approved partner for publishing XBL games.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes