Questions from a noob!

bertles86

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello people!

I have had my Lumia 925 for ten days now, and like it a lot. I have a few questions though, any help appreciated.

Why does the phone switch itself on when I have turned it off to charge over night?

Why does Outlook struggle to download a 25kb pdf attached to an email? On 3G or WiFi.

How do I switch off email truncation, so that all emails are downloaded automatically?

How do I switch off in call notifications?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I'll answer your questions but this is always a great resource to check out: Windows Phone (United Kingdom)

1 - phone only charges when on
2 - Not sure why you're having issues. What PDF program do you have installed? Also how many emails do you have in your inbox?
3 - Can you explain further? Are you referring to images or time?
4 - Not sure what you're after here...

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Hello people!

I have had my Lumia 925 for ten days now, and like it a lot. I have a few questions though, any help appreciated.

Why does the phone switch itself on when I have turned it off to charge over night?

Why does Outlook struggle to download a 25kb pdf attached to an email? On 3G or WiFi.

How do I switch off email truncation, so that all emails are downloaded automatically?

How do I switch off in call notifications?

Hi bertles, all lumias will automatically turn on while charging, however this is suppose to change with either GDR3 and Black, or windows blue, HTC has already incorporated this for their phones ( ability to charge with phone off ) But at current Nokias and i believe Samsung phones still behave this way, please clarify question regarding email downloads, are you referring to the attachments in an email like pictures or referring the amount of emails it syncs from your email provider? not sure on the other two questions, hopefully someone else here on the forums can assist you with these

bertles86

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Thank you both!

Here's the clarification...

At the moment if I get an email, calendar reminder or text while I'm on a call, the notification sound is ear piercing down my ear. Any other phone let's you switch these off or change them to beeps. How do I do this?

I've tried downloading a couple of attachments that are small, and they just don't open. I have Adobe Reader and Microsoft Office installed.

Several emails arrive truncated, with the message at the bottom to download the remainder of the message. This is called truncation, I want this completely switched off, how do I do it?

Are OS updates limited in release date by Nokia/Vodafone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon