The most annoying thing about Windows phone....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Is the annoying "Rate my app" alerts. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind getting the alerts when I first install an app

But why is it sporadically when i open an app that I have already reviewed, i get the "Rate my app" notification and then when i click it to rate, I discover i already did it.
This happens with several apps. Is there something i am missing on why it keeps asking me to rate apps i've already rated/reviewed?

Of course, if this is the most annoying thing about windows phone, then you can tell I am mostly happy :D

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I would just re-rate the app with one star explaining the reason for it is because the constant review reminder.

The Flixter app is one of my favorite apps, but if I ever see the rate my app on that app again, I'll give it a one star.

I know developers want people to provide feedback and boost their app, but that little popup is really tacky and obnoxious.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I would just re-rate the app with one star explaining the reason for it is because the constant review reminder.

The Flixter app is one of my favorite apps, but if I ever see the rate my app on that app again, I'll give it a one star.

I know developers want people to provide feedback and boost their app, but that little popup is really tacky and obnoxious.

That's odd. I've been using the Flixter app since the L920 launch in 11/2012 and, while admittedly I only open it up now and then to check show times, I've never seen the "rate this app" popup when I launch it. I haven't even rated it.

Asrialys

May 22, 2013
Visit site
We still cannot sort a range of cells held within a Table in Excel. Android (and I assume iOS) don't have this issue when viewing Excel spreadsheets from their respective browsers. I suppose it makes sense since data held in a Table is often tied (at least with Mobile Office) to the other data that share rows, but sorting should totally be possible if the selected range is the entire Table. I use Excel for a lot of things and its native existence on Windows Phone is one of the biggest reasons I love the platform. So sorting would be very much desirable.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
We still cannot sort a range of cells held within a Table in Excel. Android (and I assume iOS) don't have this issue when viewing Excel spreadsheets from their respective browsers. I suppose it makes sense since data held in a Table is often tied (at least with Mobile Office) to the other data that share rows, but sorting should totally be possible if the selected range is the entire Table. I use Excel for a lot of things and its native existence on Windows Phone is one of the biggest reasons I love the platform. So sorting would be very much desirable.

you can totally sort data in excel on Office mobile on WP. You can highlight the entire the table you want sorted, and the tap the up arrow/down arrow. You can then choose your sort options, including to sort by multiple headers- first by x ascending, then by y descending etc.

Asrialys

May 22, 2013
Visit site
you can totally sort data in excel on Office mobile on WP. You can highlight the entire the table you want sorted, and the tap the up arrow/down arrow. You can then choose your sort options, including to sort by multiple headers- first by x ascending, then by y descending etc.
Yes, you can sort. But you can't sort a Table. Those named ranges that have their own Ribbon tab when you're working within them.

Heh, I always seem to confuse people whenever I refer to a Table in Excel. Is there a better term I should be using beyond capitalizing the term in text?

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I am talking about, for example, a table of 5x 5 cells, with its own headings, and there can be several such tables in an excel file.
apologies, if I have still misunderstood you.

Asrialys

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I am talking about, for example, a table of 5x 5 cells, with its own headings, and there can be several such tables in an excel file.
apologies, if I have still misunderstood you.
I'm talking about going into Excel, going to the Insert tab, and creating a Table (like you would in Word). Another annoyance is that even the most basic of Tables (even a blank one) will lock that sheet (and I guess workbook under certain conditions) from edits.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Heh, I always seem to confuse people whenever I refer to a Table in Excel. Is there a better term I should be using beyond capitalizing the term in text?

Nope, you are plenty clear. It shouldn't even be capitalized. Most people probably have no clue what a table in Excel is, or don't use them. I use tables in Excel a lot, but I haven't used them on a mobile device, WP, Android, or iOS, so I can't offer any advice there.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Oh. Sorry. The title, on my phone, reads "The most annoying thing..." "Forward" in IE popped into my head. Its annoying.
Best Wishes, No Worries

Asrialys

May 22, 2013
Visit site
lol Oh. Well, the Rate My App popups are annoying, but at least I see very few of them since I don't use that many apps. I think only one or two have it...

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
You have to rate the app every quarter. Things change thats why you have to rate them again so that they are refreshed.

The most annoying thing I find with wp is word wrap/text wrap

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I always thought the app rating was based on the app. Some apps I never see it, and others (I'm looking at you Temple Run 2) I get it after every....single.....run....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes