Hi plzz could anyone explain to me what windows phone developers mean

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
A Windows Phone developer is someone who creates apps for Windows Phone. Anyone can sign up, the costs are reasonable for most folks and lower for students. (There may be a free option now, too, but I'm not sure since I already have the paid kind of account.)

Once you are a developer, you download the development tools and use one of them to "register" your phone as a developer's phone -- this is what's called "developer unlocked." Users can install .xap files directly onto developer unlocked, including the .xap files created when they build their own apps. This lets developers test apps on real phones (rather than testing just with the phone emulator that's part of the developer tools).

Bypassing the Windows Phone store to install apps is called side loading. That sideloading ability is typically why even non-developers want their phones developer unlocked. (This is particularly true of users coming to Windows Phone from Android, webOS, or Windows Mobile, where getting apps from outside of an "official" store is quite common. The same can be true of iPhones that have been "rooted.")

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Windows phone developers are the people who make apps that you can download in the windows phone store. Unlock is when you 'unlock' a phone from only one carrier or when you press the lock key and swipe up to unlock your phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk