Storage issue

jebroni jeb

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi! WP8 users. Is the other storage issue is fixed? because until now my other storage keeps growing.. Im having GDR3 preview. Please share ur knowledge regarding the issue. thanks!!

InvisGhost

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
The "Other" storage issue should have been fixed in Update 2 for you. If it didn't, please contact Windows Phone support and they can troubleshoot it with you.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Its not fixed .. Even i have the gdr3 preview .. My other storage was 800mb, and now its 1.7gb.

That 'other storage' is normally things stored within apps. Do you have a Youtube app, or Audible, or another app like that that downloads videos, audio, misc content, etc. that stores data in the app?

If so that's where your 'other storage' is coming from.

InvisGhost

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
With Update 3 being just around the corner (for some it is already here) I would suggest waiting until then. If you can't live without that extra storage you can always hard reset the phone and use the "start from scratch" option.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone explain this???? It's my AT&T 920 with the GDR3 preview installed. The Storage Check app says that Other is 15GB.

wp_ss_20140114_0001.jpg
wp_ss_20140114_0002.jpg
wp_ss_20140114_0003.jpg

The thing is, this is my 2nd device and it doesn't even have a SIM card in it. It's online via Wifi only. I take very few pictures and have very few apps installed. I have the US, Canada, and Mexico apps downloaded. I cannot figure out where the storage went.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Read my post above...

Adding up all the space used says that around 8GB is used. Yet the total used is 22GB. So the 15GB of Other in the Storage Check app is roughly accurate, but it's completely unaccounted for here. And I don't even use the phone all that much, so it puzzles me how it grew so big.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
So you don't use any apps for podcasts, music, eBooks, audio books, game ROMs, etc?

No, I've never done any of that with this phone. I've installed less than 10 apps. I have it syncing everything to Skydrive, but I've taken a total of less than 50 pictures probably. About all I do with the phone is check for updates :smile:, and occasionally use Baconit or the browser or myTube. Otherwise, nothing.

The reason I have the 920 in the first place is to keep up with the updates to see when I can use a WP as my daily driver again. I have a 520, but I found this one used. It's a red one in perfect condition, and it was at a price I couldn't pass up! My 520 is set up pretty much the same way. I had a bit of trouble with Other storage, but nothing like this.

garry bryant

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
i have a similar issue, im using a nokia lumia 820, i had 1.2gb of storage available so i downloaded a game of 202mb i know the instalation data is a lot more, i cancelled the download during the installation process, and i have now lost 600mb of storage because of this, i have done all the storage checks and deleted what temporary files it would let me do ive also deleted all i e history and then temp files again as that was suggested to me, but i still havent got back the lost 600mb of memory, any other suggestions would be welcome, but i do not want to do a reset of my phone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon