new wp user coming from android question about reboot/force close

rhughes18

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I'm an Android user trying out a Lumia 520 I got last month and have a question about how the OS generally handles misbehaving apps. On Android, you typically get a "force close" message and the app shuts down and you move on. I think my Android has spontaneously rebooted maybe once since I've had it. However, I've had two spontaneous reboots on WP already in a month (I can't remember what apps I was using at the time but it was something along the lines of a weather app, not a game). Is this typically what happens on WP when an app misbehaves? Spontaneous reboot? Or might this be related to trying to do too much on a 512MB device? I can deal with an app being killed by the OS but these reboots are quite a bit more annoying. Anyone with similar experiences?

Except for the reboots, I really like the OS quite a bit and I'm pulling for it to succeed!Competition is good!

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Not sure why your phone reboots. For me, resource intensive apps sometimes close automatically and bring me back to the home screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eddacker