brg.com using phoney numbers to lie about Windows Phone

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
bgr.com said:
The Next Web points us to some new research from web browser Opera that shows us why Microsoft has had trouble attracting more developers to Windows Phone despite the platform?s impressive recent gains in market share. According to Opera?s mobile ad network that delivers 60 billion monthly page impressions to 425 million users, Windows Phone accounted for an astonishingly low 0.35% of all mobile ad revenues generated in the fourth quarter of 2013.

How weak is this showing? Consider that Windows Phone generated even less revenue than BlackBerry, which accounted for 1.35% of all mobile ad revenue, and the now-dead Symbian, which accounted for 0.84% of all mobile ad revenue. It looks like Microsoft?s biggest challenge for Windows Phone after growing its user base will be figuring out better ways to monetize its mobile platform.

Microsoft Windows Phone ad revenue less than BlackBerry, Symbian | BGR

One problem... Opera isn't available for Windows Phone.

Are these people paid shills for iOS? It's painfully obvious the author has never held a Windows Phone in his hands. I guess you can just publish any lie about Windows Phone and it is accepted as fact.

planoman

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

Are these people paid shills for iOS? It's painfully obvious the author has never held a Windows Phone in his hands. I guess you can just publish any lie about Windows Phone and it is accepted as fact.

bgr has always been shills for apple. I stopped reading it several years ago, although it is funny to always see them guess about the new iPhone and are usually wrong...so much for inside scoop...

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

I had to laugh at the comments as well. Even the iOS and Android users were telling the truth when they stated that WP8 doesn't even have Opera. So, how did BGR manage to come up with those figures for WP, it's easy, they decided to use figures for Windows Mobile.

The article BGR quoted from stated Windows not WP as well so how they equated that to the latter I have no idea.

As usual the Crackberry 10 fanboys were out in force as well!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett