I just sent my Phone for repair...

SoullessOnyx

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I get easily worried so I would like to ask some questions!

I just went into Nokia to give my Lumia 920 in for repair.
They said it will take around 10 working days but we all know it will be around a month.
The battery was terrible so I would like to ask, what exactly are they going to do with my phone?
On the receipt Nokia gave me it says "CHARGING LASTS SHORT AMOUNTS OF TIME".

So yeah, what exactly are they going to do? Also my phone was scratch free, so what happens if it comes back with a scratch?
And what has been your experience with sending your phone in for repair?

Thanks!

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Maybe they might replace the battery or completely replace your phone and send you a new device. To check this when your device is handled to you back after a week or month try to cross check the imei no on your lumia 920 box. If it matches , then they have given you the same phone (repaired it ) else if imei no is completely different then you got a new lumia 920. They will mention all this on charge sheet I guess. Anyways good luck :)

lafn

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
My 920 was under warranty when the speaker phone mic stopped working. I called AT&T. They sent me a replacement overnight. Looked brand new. Put my old phone in the box and sent it back. Is that just an AT&T thing or don't other providers do that?

SoullessOnyx

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
My 920 was under warranty when the speaker phone mic stopped working. I called AT&T. They sent me a replacement overnight. Looked brand new. Put my old phone in the box and sent it back. Is that just an AT&T thing or don't other providers do that?

I live in England, so it might be different on how they do it.

rocwest

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I just got my 920 back from U.S. Nokia repair two weeks after sending it in. I identified two problems - terrible battery life being the major issue - and an FFC that filled with dust quickly and just got worse. The repair sheet indicated that (post-repair) the phone passed all four functional tests but didn't list any specific repair details. I see the FFC is fine. As to the battery, I asked for a new battery and am hoping they replaced it. Unfortunately I have a new 32GB 1520 so it'll be a while before I'm able to gauge whether battery life is improved. I've taken good care of the 920 and it seems to have been returned in exactly the same condition.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon