Is it Microsoft's fault or is it the Nokia hardware to blame?

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I Am referring to this issue that has been happening for the last couple of weeks...It seems that after a long use, my apps crash! I'm talking about Instagram, FB, Games, Browsers everything! It seems it only happens after I use the apps themselves for a long time. From what I understand these phones were built to withstand long periods of use...I mean my L521 does not even heat up after using it for 1 or even 3 hours. (*Cough Android* Cough*) but...then there is this problem.. the whole "Resuming ....." like really? Does it take a couple of seconds just to open up your messages or anything you click on? Its unbearable after awhile. I don't know whether its the software or hardware itself...But after viewing the W8.1 update in use on the video leak. It looked as if the "Resuming..." has completely vanished. Everything you click on opens and loads quick and fast no resuming/loading which leads me to believe it might be the software..anyway what do you guys think is it my phone the software and what about the Picture and Music file duplicates or the Yellow tint and green spots seen on pictures?? Windows is making me think twice with all these little bugs..:eck:

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
The L521 only has 512MB RAM. After using other apps the phone will effectively page them out/close them down after a while.

You list issues that are from app developers (app crashes under low memory) to Microsoft (duplicate files) to Nokia (yellow photo tint)... some will be fixed in future upgrades (all are software based), so enjoy the phone and know that these little issues will improve over time.

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Aaaah yes. That was exactly what I was thinking. I think that is why there so focused on Windows 8.1 I am pretty confident all these issues will be fixed by then and are the only reason they they weren't included on GDR3. In the meantime though is there a way to reduce low memory usage as to avoid the forced closing of the apps??
The L521 only has 512MB RAM. After using other apps the phone will effectively page them out/close them down after a while.

You list issues that are from app developers (app crashes under low memory) to Microsoft (duplicate files) to Nokia (yellow photo tint)... some will be fixed in future upgrades (all are software based), so enjoy the phone and know that these little issues will improve over time.

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
"Resuming" in messages? Definately not.. Resuming happens when you leave apps in background and then you go back to them via multitasking window. The most important phone features are always snappy and instant, no matter what.