Is There A "Phone Calls Only" Setting?

BBMINI

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
So far I haven't found a way to do this on my 928, so just thought I'd post a question to confirm I'm not missing something.

Is there a way to turn off all notifications except for phone calls?

For example, this would be a helpful setting for overnight use where I don't want to hear emails coming in but I'd like to be able to receive any phone calls from our alarm system, school system or other emergencies. It can also be helpful while working when I don't want to be distracted by email notifications but would like phone calls to come through.

BlackBerry has this feature and I used it pretty often. I've read that WP's sound profile/management system is a bit weak, but still thought I'd ask in case anyone knows of a way to do this. Thanks ahead for any help.

irtiza_fayaz

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Workaround- go to settings>ringtones+sounds and uncheck the "all other notifications" box.
P.s.-There's an upcoming 'quiet hours' feature in 8.1 which does exactly what you mentioned above.

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Not at the present to my knowledge. There is a 'quiet Hours' app that also turns off phone calls, so that's not what you want.

HOWEVER....in wp8.1 (coming in April), there looks to be a 'Quiet Hours' setting built in.[See wpcentral w8.1 forum]
And from a previous wpcentral article on the update(previously temp named Blue) some indications that calls can be separately left on while notifications are turned off.
Quiet Hours for notifications: Coming to Windows Phone Blue? | Windows Phone Central

Note option at very bottom: 'Allow incoming calls during quiet hours'
Quiet%20Hours%20Win%20Blue.png

Edit to add...
just noticed the workaround mentioned posted above by irtiza_fayaz, while I was composing. Hope these info items help.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss