Let's Recruit Navy Federal Credit Union

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Navy Federal Credit Union is the largest credit union in existence and they don't have a Windows Phone app. I wrote them about this and got the tired "lack of member interest in Windows Phone". I was curious how they KNOW what member interest is since I've never been surveyed or asked.

If you are a member of NFCU or a potential member or would just like to see them jump on board the platform, please help me show them our "interest".

Send a message on their site: https://www.navyfederal.org/contact-us.php
Give 'em a Tweet: @navyfederal and @navyfederalhelp
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NavyFederal

Thanks!

​JD

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm from the UK, so haven't any use for this, but it seems like it could benefit many others. Just tweeted both accounts about bringing out a Windows Phone app :)

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Had a quick reply from them actually. They said "It?s on our radar! For now, we do have a mobile website that's optimized for Windows phones at m.navyfederal.org".

Hopefully you'll get an app at some point then, but at least they have a compatible mobile site to use and pin if needed.

Carkid367

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I wrote to them a few months ago about it and at that time, they told me that they had no plans to support WP8... Maybe if we keep at it, they will finally be able to get off their butts! I love this bank and hope that they will support WP8!

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Had a quick reply from them actually. They said "It?s on our radar! For now, we do have a mobile website that's optimized for Windows phones at m.navyfederal.org".

Hopefully you'll get an app at some point then, but at least they have a compatible mobile site to use and pin if needed.

sweet. Yeah, the mobile site is ok for checking balances, but no mobile deposit. :'( This was a big problem for me last week when I was out of town working for client company. I kept having to repeatedly ask people to use their computers with attached scanners, because NFCU's site was down and I couldn't deposit. They actually recommended that I try the "smartphone app" because that was working. That was VERY frustrating.

Hopefully, bugging them will help.

Thanks again!!

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Navy Federal hasn't responded to me at all, but I tried the USAA app with mobile depositing and it worked like a charm. I had to contact them because my account was in an "inactive" state, but that was pretty quick and easy.

I need to test with larger deposits to see how long USAA holds funds, but this might be the call to leave NFCU.

BruceWP

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft needs to provide more incentive such as awards/certification for developing apps and more/better marketing for their phones

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes