huawei windows phone locked for 22949 mins help

Lesley Munro

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
i have managed to lock myself out of my huawei windows phone for 22949 minutes how can i fix this problem other than waiting the 22949 minutes?:sweaty:

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Every phone has a specific button press sequence to hard-reset without the need to go into the phone. You need to find out what is that for Huawei. Or you can use Find My Phone site to remote wipe your phone.

Lesley Munro

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Thank you another quick question sorry. I've stupidly not backed up any of my stuff is there a way I could do this befor reset or is it too late :-( or I suppose I could do without phone for 16days

SagarSadbhaiya

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't think so it could be done as for taking backup also the phone must be unlocked. only if auto backup is on you might get some of your stuff back. If not then I'm sorry I guess nothing can be done.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm assuming your phone uses a sim card... I guess you can take the card out, put it in a cheap phone and wait out the next 15 days or so...
Any idea how you managed to lock it down for that long?

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
This happens easily. Once you have your phone locked and enter an invalid unlock code 5 times, your phone will not be able to be unlocked for 1 minute. After that 1 minute, you can try again. If you fail it will be locked for another 2 minutes, then 4, 8 and so on. So, either of the following two things happened:

1. You actually did the above and repeated that for almost 16 days. Unlikely.

2. You did the above until you landed on a timeout screen (1, 2, 4 minutes etc.) then did a soft reset. Because what actually happens once you invoke such a timeout screen is that the phone sets the timestamp on which the phone will be unlockable again, not a countdown. The soft reset resets the clock to an earlier time and that's why you'll have to wait 16 days instead of 16 minutes.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Good thing you are not connected to any workplace exchange server as most of them will have a policy that 10 tries in a row, the phone automatically hard-reset and wipes clean.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
The removal of the battery presumably reset the clock.
Yes. Definitely not a phone you want your practical joking friends to get their hands on for even a minute. That's about how long it would take them to lock it, enter a bad password and pop/replace the battery.

For some reason, I keep thinking this is going to be some main plot complication in an upcoming blockbuster movie.

melvintwj

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Happened exactly the same on my old HD7. I got locked out for a couple of minutes, but my battery was low. I pulled out the battery to replace with a spare and when I booted it back, it was 2000+ minutes.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Happened exactly the same on my old HD7. I got locked out for a couple of minutes, but my battery was low. I pulled out the battery to replace with a spare and when I booted it back, it was 2000+ minutes.
Maybe "find my phone" needs an option to reset the wrong password status.

Lesley Munro

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
That should be how long he has to stand in a corner. LoL

Too bad you don't have a picture of his face when he saw that.

haha he probably would sit there that long, thats how many dishes i should make him wash lol or thats how many times he should do some little bro an little sister minding even better lol

tj_cool_says

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi

Check this out

1. Switch off phone.
  2. Connect charger
  3. Press VolumeDown or VolumeUp this will pop-up exclamation mark,
  4. Press power button and press Volume up then volume down.This will do hard reset.

Hope this will help u out...:angel:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes