Hi Everyone,
    I have bought a Lumia 525 and yet to receive it. I already have a microsoft account linked with my WP7. Is there a way to link my existing microsoft account with Lumia 525 without removing WP7.
    Or, should I create a new account and link it separately? Which way is better and safe? Please suggest.

My second question, I have Windows XP- SP3 installed on my PC. Do I need to install any supporting software like Zune to drag and drop media or appliation files directly to phone?
    I have heard somewhere that WP8 has excluded the Zune headache. Should I expect the drag and drop functionalty to work like a normal android phone?

Thanks Much!

Regards,
    Ashish
    03-12-2014 09:14 AM
    Hi Everyone,
    I have bought a Lumia 525 and yet to receive it. I already have a microsoft account linked with my WP7. Is there a way to link my existing microsoft account with Lumia 525 without removing WP7.
    Or, should I create a new account and link it separately? Which way is better and safe? Please suggest.

My second question, I have Windows XP- SP3 installed on my PC. Do I need to install any supporting software like Zune to drag and drop media or appliation files directly to phone?
    I have heard somewhere that WP8 has excluded the Zune headache. Should I expect the drag and drop functionalty to work like a normal android phone?

Thanks Much!

Regards,
    Ashish
    Microsoft doesn't allow two or more devices to use the same account. If you haven't done any purchases with your previous account, I suggest you consider a new account.

(But, you can use the same account on multiple WP devices and actively use them. I haven't tried it, but since its illegal by MS guidelines there have to be some consequences)

You don't have to worry about PC to mobile connectivity. Simply pin the device using a USB and use the (pc's) inbuilt file explorer to browse through your phone/SD card files & folders.

And finally, welcome to WP Central. Cheers!
    03-12-2014 09:30 AM
    Thanks KrisJoeEll..
    one more QQ..should I uninstall Zune software before I connect the phone to PC? Not sure, if keeping it there may cause any issues with data transfer.
    03-12-2014 09:34 AM
    Thanks KrisJoeEll..
    one more QQ..should I uninstall Zune software before I connect the phone to PC? Not sure, if keeping it there may cause any issues with data transfer.
    Keep it. If any problem arises then uninstall it.

Also did you get the free Gameloft games offer?
    03-12-2014 09:40 AM
    Great..Hopefully, I wont run into any issues :-)
    I have no idea about Gameloft offer..Have they advertised any?
    03-12-2014 09:45 AM
    Great..Hopefully, I wont run into any issues :-)
    I have no idea about Gameloft offer..Have they advertised any?
    Read this : Nokia Lumia 525 Terms & Conditions for Gameloft Free Games - Nokia - India

The offer stands until March 31, so go get your device before that.
    Ashish Gupta888 likes this.
    03-12-2014 09:50 AM
    Use the same Microsoft account for both Windows Phone 7 and Windows Phone 8. There's nothing at all stopping you from having multiple devices with the same Microsoft Account.

I have no idea why Kris feels that it's illegal or breaks Microsoft's Terms of Use.
    KrisJoeEll likes this.
    03-12-2014 09:50 AM
    That's cool I use services of the operator not listed there, but have plans to switch to one of those..so I can get the benefit ;-)
    you were very helpful..appreciate your help today (y)
    "love for Winodws phone continues..." Cheers :-)
    03-12-2014 09:55 AM
    Use the same Microsoft account for both Windows Phone 7 and Windows Phone 8. There's nothing at all stopping you from having multiple devices with the same Microsoft Account.

I have no idea why Kris feels that it's illegal or breaks Microsoft's Terms of Use.
    I was under the impression, one account one device. Is it changed?
    03-12-2014 09:58 AM
    Apertre O: I too have the same thoughts, but just want to be sure that syncing both devies with one account wont cause havoc ;-)
    Now this raised another doubt/question:
    I have synced my organization's Outlook mailbox to my WP7 device. Will I be able to sync it with WP8 after I relate it with new MS account? Also, removing the same outlook configuration from WP7 should not cause any issues in configuring it back to WP8..right?
    03-12-2014 10:00 AM
    That's cool I use services of the operator not listed there, but have plans to switch to one of those..so I can get the benefit ;-)
    you were very helpful..appreciate your help today (y)
    "love for Winodws phone continues..." Cheers :-)
    Most of those games require at least one 1 or 2 GB's of storage. So Install and uninstall all the games before offer period expires. So it will be free for you forever. :)
    03-12-2014 10:00 AM
    I don't recall it ever being the case. In the three years I've been using Windows Phone and supporting other users, I've never come across a situation where a single device policy has been raised.
    03-12-2014 10:02 AM
    Sorry for the bad advice. You can use the same account up to 81 devices (on windows 8 i believe) and sync between them. I do not know if the 81 is also applicable to Windows Phones.
    03-12-2014 10:05 AM
    Apertre O: I too have the same thoughts, but just want to be sure that syncing both devies with one account wont cause havoc ;-)
    Now this raised another doubt/question:
    I have synced my organization's Outlook mailbox to my WP7 device. Will I be able to sync it with WP8 after I relate it with new MS account? Also, removing the same outlook configuration from WP7 should not cause any issues in configuring it back to WP8..right?
    You won't have any issues at all. Just add your accounts to your new device and they'll sync up just fine. If you discontinue use of the WP7 device, you can either turn it off and leave it in a cupboard somewhere, or perform a factory reset and sell It after you take any content off it.
    Ashish Gupta888 likes this.
    03-12-2014 10:05 AM
    @KrisJoeEll: You were really helpful, thanks a lot :-)

@ 0 Aperture o: Thanks much for clearing my doubts..I will use my existing account to sync my 525. The best thing is I do not need to raise any request to IT department of my organization for syncing outlook back to my new device!!

Have a great day folks :-)
    03-12-2014 10:19 AM
    Hey Ashish, could you also check about Nokia refocus, StoryTeller,etc. ? Is it supported on 525?
    03-12-2014 01:11 PM