Surface Pro 7 deal! Save big at Amazon right now

Hello everyone!

I want to get Lumia Black on my Lumia 720 that it's locked to TMN network. TMN hasn't release the update yet so I was wondering, what happens if I flash my phone with the Product Code of the Country Variant firmware? Will it work? Will my phone stop working or something? In case things go wrong, is it possible to recover my phone?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Tried, works like a charm!
    Last edited by Bruno Pinho; 03-16-2014 at 09:10 PM.
    03-16-2014 06:40 PM
    Nice work, hope others can use this info too (that it does, indeed, work).

I take it you also got Black? :)
    03-16-2014 10:45 PM
    Hello everyone!

I want to get Lumia Black on my Lumia 720 that it's locked to TMN network. TMN hasn't release the update yet so I was wondering, what happens if I flash my phone with the Product Code of the Country Variant firmware? Will it work? Will my phone stop working or something? In case things go wrong, is it possible to recover my phone?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Tried, works like a charm!

care to share how you did that????
    03-17-2014 01:44 AM
    @Zulfigar Yes I finally have Black and my phone is now country variant :D, my network is the worst ever, it took months for the Amber, imagine the Black...

@Alain_A Sure my friend. All you need is Nokia Care Suite with the usergroupsconfiguration.cfg (you can find this on Google) and the product code of the Country Variant of your phone (you can also find in Google). First install Nokia Care Suite, after that you have to copy the usergroupsconfiguration.cfg to C:\Program Files\Nokia Care Suite\Product Support Tool For Store 5.0\(Replace it with the one existing here). Open Nokia Care Suite and go to Product Support Tool For Store 5.0. Make sure it says "No connection" and go to File - Open Product, type the name of your phone and click Open. Then all you need is to download the Firmware, just go on Tools - Firmware Download, put the Product Code of the Country Variant of your phone, click Check Online, tick the option "Check for optional files" and hit Download! To upgrade your phone, go to Programming - Recovery, select the Country Variant firmware, hit Start, and do what it says! :)

If you need more help just PM me, it will be a pleasure to help you! :)
    03-17-2014 06:22 AM