Heard about 8.1 changes but what about Nokia's 8.1 software (if any) ?

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
(not sure if this is the appropriate forum but couldn't find a Nokia forum so asking here)

Like the Black on top of GDR3, is Nokia planning on adding its own tweaks to WP8.1 ?

Did anyone hear anything ? Just wondering.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
(not sure if this is the appropriate forum but couldn't find a Nokia forum so asking here)

Like the Black on top of GDR3, is Nokia planning on adding its own tweaks to WP8.1 ?

Did anyone hear anything ? Just wondering.

Not yet as far as I'm concerned, but I did bump into a guy who came down and got a coffee at my work who's worked at Nokia for 7 years. He said that in the next update they're looking to further improve imaging again (they're aware of the funny post-processing on older devices), but they're looking to increase focusing time and decrease shot-to-shot time, especially on the 1020 and 1520.

andyqkw

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
If there is one Nokia "C" something, release it as a separate update and not bundle it together with Windows Phone 8.1.

Due to the bundling and testing, Nokia Lumia users were getting the official GDR3/Update 3 at a much later time as compared to HTC.

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd actually be surprised, being as they're going to be sold to Microsoft, but I guess that even that is up in the air now. India should rethink the pains they're making MS go through - the factory could only be good for their economy.

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
If there is one Nokia "C" something, release it as a separate update and not bundle it together with Windows Phone 8.1.

Due to the bundling and testing, Nokia Lumia users were getting the official GDR3/Update 3 at a much later time as compared to HTC.

My bet is on 'cyan'. I don't know why, it's just stuck with me since I started thinking what they'll call the next release. No source or anything, just my personal thought.
Nokia will surely have to adapt the software like they did with amber and black, I hope it won't take as long though. I think it will released bundle GDR2 and 3 came bundled, I don't see why would it be different this time. We'll see in a couple of weeks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgiHudi